Rob reports. . .

Hello everyone!
It is with very mixed emotions that I can say that I am back in Abilene as of 4:30 or so this afternoon. Leaving was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I guess it is back to the real world sooner or later. It was very good to see Sophie since she was unable to make the trip this weekend because of her being sick.

We got moved over to Baylor this morning, so I can report on a few things. It seemed like a very nice place, very different than what we have been used to however. One of the ways God has been taking care of us is that the patient load at the hospital was very low the entire time we were there so we never felt like Jack was being neglected. This place is FULL. Not that I think Jack is going to be neglected, but a very different atmosphere and energy when there is SO much going on.

Also these are semi-private rooms so Tammy and Jack are sharing it with another patient and his grandmother. There again was another lesson in how blessed we have been in all this. The boy in there looked to be about 5 years old or so and was in a car accident. He is going to have a long road ahead of him. A little later we meet the father and he tells us that his wife was also involved in the accident and she is over at Parkland Hospital. He just spends his days driving back and forth between the two places between his wife and son. He had to quit his job because that is all he does. The boys name was Sarhan I think if you would like to pray for him and his family.

The doctors there seemed pleased with all that Jack was able to do. They asked him to point with left and right fingers, bend and straighten his legs, they were real impressed that he is already walking even if it supported.

When I called Tammy after getting home she said that none of Jack's therapy will start until Thursday so they have a fun day of absolutley nothing to look forward to tommorrow. But we are glad to be there and I think we will see some rapid improvements in Jack.

I wasn't home 20 minutes when Wayne and Leon pull up to mow my lawn again. Trust me, my lawn has never had it so good. Thank you guys for your act of love.

Thanks to everyone, you all have carried us through this, we wouldn't have made it without your love and strength.

Please continue(I know you will) to pray for them.

Looking forward to seeing many of you tommorrow night.

God bless all of you.

Rob

5/10/2005 10:08 PM

(from Sarah) And allow me to interject here (you knew I couldn't just be quiet!) that Rob mentioned to me that Jack smiled yesterday! (Rob, I know it's hard to remember everything when you sit down to type!) That was the absolute best news to me and something I have been praying for for days! Rob, thank you for sharing some of the toughest days of your family's life with us so that we may share in the pain and prayer, as well as the victories and smiles!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Jack,
We are thinking of you and praying for you. I heard that you smiled yesterday and the doctors are very impressed with how you are already walking around! Way to go! Keep up the good work. You are so brave. We love you.
Love,
Dave, Karise, Keely & Kinlie

Dear Sarhan,
We are praying for you, your mom, your dad, and your whole family. I'm sorry that this has happened. You must be a fighter to get this far! Jack will be a good friend for you. You can be brave together!
We pray blessings of health and peace upon you and your family. "May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you and give you peace."
Love,
Jack's second cousins,
Dave, Karise, Keely, & Kinlie
Anonymous said…
I've been in Kazakhstan these past two weeks and seem to have missed a very important event in the life of your family. I am glad that Jack is going to be fine and appreciate his courage and that of yourself, your son and daughter-in-law. May God give your grandson strength and good luck and it is for sure that he will become a true and rare amn....just like his Grandpa.

Respectfully yours,

Bolot Asanakunov
Kyrgyzstan
Anonymous said…
Rob - glad you are home, I bet Sophie and DJ are so glad to see you. I'm glad Jack has moved to therapy - now we pray for a speedy recovery. We sure will be glad when both Jack and Tammy are home. All of you are in our prayers each day.

If I can do anything for you please let me know. I would love to have DJ and Sophie over to play with Will & Shelby anytime. Just let me know.

We love you guys,

Darla & Sam Wohlers
Will & Shelby
Anonymous said…
OK, Rob. Now I'm going to scold you! :)

In 2 posts you have referred to "going back to the real world." What you have been experiencing IS the real world! You have been focused on your family, your faith, your friends, your church, your Savior, your dreams for Jack, your love for so many, and reflecting the love of God to the world. You have done a FABULOUS job in the real world and now must go back to work in order to support that REAL world that you cherish. You are doing what must be done so that the REAL world will continue to benefit.

So don't be discouraged about going back to work -- it will only strengthen your REAL world.

Your example has reminded ME, and probably so many others, what the REAL world truly is.

Love ya, brother.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for saying that Scott... I have been thinking along the same lines about the "real world" that Rob has mentioned but didn't have the words to express it. Rob, like he said, you HAVE been living more real world than any of us can imagine. You are such an inspiration to all of us and we continue to hold you and your precious family in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Our love,
Connie Chrane
Anonymous said…
Fogive this rookie's mistakes. I can't beileve that I forgot to mention Jack's smile. I sat down to write and in an effort to relay information I forgot to write the two most important things. One being that Jack did smile. And it wasn't just that he smiled, he smiled because he thought he was playing a joke on us. Tammy was telling him that she couldn't wait to see his lips again (he usually keeps them pursed in) and one way to get Jack to do anything is to tell him to do the opposite. This usually has success when he is frowning and we want him to smile. So I told him,"Jack, whatever you do, don't stick out your bottom lip." Boy, he shot that thing out there. Then Tammy brought that up latter as we were drying him off of his shower and we heard this strange sound. I asked Tammy if he was coughing or laughing and she said laughing, so we looked at him and just the right side of his mouth curled up into a little smile. He did it for us one other time that night and Tammy said he smiled again Tuesday.

The second thing I forgot to mention is the new phone number. Since she hasn't posted today I'm assuming that she doesn't have computer access.

So here is the new phone number:
(214) 818-7488.
that is the direct room phone, but if you have any problems the nurses station is:(214) 820-9863, and they are in room #209

I'm sure she would love to hear from you.

I'll call her here in a little bit and then probably post after church tonight.

Love,
Rob.
Anonymous said…
Rob, Tammy
Great that you are able to come home. Can I take a piece from Pat White's comments. This was one of Jack's Great grandmother's sayings to all of us as we grew up...Smile and the world smiles with you.....etc. To see jack smile I'm sure you and Tammy felt the world and the Father were doung the same.
love Greta

Popular Posts