Nothing Confirmed But Plans In the Work

Updates on Jack
After talking with Dr. Bowers nurse this week, it looks good that Jack will be able to take his chemotherapy in Abilene. Dr. Bowers also wanted to combine Jack's eye surgery and his Port Line Surgery, a.k.a. shunt, a.k.a., pic line....seems like there are alot of names for the thing that they will surgically implant in Jack's chest to hook up the chemotherapy medicine to each week. As of right now it looks like we will have both of those surgeries done at the same time, next Tuesday, August 2 in Ft. Worth. None of that is confirmed, but that is where we stand right now. The doctor thought it best Jack be put under anasthesia once rather than twice, and Dr. Moody, the opthamologist was flexible and moved his surgery up a month for us. Rob, Jack and I will go to Dallas this Friday to talk with the oncologist and get our education on chemotherapy, then sign off on all the paperwork.
I can feel your prayers for clarity and bravery in the last 2 days. I haven't cried once and I feel strong for Jack. I am also glad to have received some good immune system building nutrients and vitamans that Jack will be on daily now. I think that it will help his system stay as strong as it can during chemotherapy. It is called Mannatech, and our friend Cindy Byers arranged for Jack to be on a special program where he is also followed by the Mannatech people to keep up with his progress. One of the testimonials from a woman regarding the mannatech, said that she had gone through one round of chemo, not knowing about mannatech, and ended up hospitilized 3 times and received numerous blood transfusions because her white cell count was dangerously low. A friend told her about mannatech, she started taking it 2 weeks before her next round of chemo and her blood counts were night and day compared to the first round. She stayed healthy and never had to be hospitalized for low blood counts again during chemo. Her doctor told her, keep doing what you are doing. These supplements are not all child friendly, they don't have great tastes, some do, but not all, so keep praying that I find a great way to mix the powder nutrients into something that Jack will like, so that he can feel good about this too.
I called a longtime friend of mine from Arizona to catch her up on all the news, and she asked me how I was holding up, I told her that for the first many days I didn't, but then yesterday morning I thought, today is a good day, why cry today for something that is happening next week, or next year. Which ofcourse makes me think of the scripture
Matthew 6:34a, "For do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself"...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy,

I just read your last two posts. My heart aches for you and my tears flow also. Thank you for your transparency and example of total reliance on our Father. Amen to what everyone said yesterday! You will ALL be in my prayers daily.

Love,
Carole
Anonymous said…
Tammy, Rob, and Family,

I have just read both updates and now can be praying specific prayers for Jack and you guys. I am glad that the doctors are working together to make things easier for Jack. Also, glad that God is providing people that know some tricks to make things go more smoothly during chemo. God does answer our prayers but maybe not the way we want. You guys have a great testimony to share with so many people. It is okay to have days that you are down. I have down days and I don't have a sick child! Hang in there and let us know what we can do to help.

Rene
Anonymous said…
Tammy,

I want you to know for several years you have been such an encouragement to me. You are so strong and sure in your faith. This has just become more obvious to me amist these hard times. I love you and pray for you and Jack daily. God loves you and walks with you always.

Holly

Popular Posts