Off to Dallas we go!!!!

Updates on Jack
Jack and I are off to Dallas tomorrow morning, Tuesday, July 19. We will have an eye follow up appointment where we have been squeezed in....and will have quite a wait I am told by the nurse. Then off to the Ronald McDonald House to check in and stay during our visit there. We had a wonderful family, the Barton's invite us to stay with them when we come to town for follow up stuff, and I would have liked to visit with people who have walked this journey before...but Jack having felt like he missed out on the Ronald McDonald House experience while staying in hospitals when we were there, felt like we needed to be there in stead. So we will stay there.
Wednesday morning we will head off to the mri at Children's Hospital. Then we will have the rest of the day to play around Dallas, (pray that I will not get lost on our excursions), I want to make the trips to Dallas fun for Jack so that when we go back each time it is not all about mri's and doctors. He might even look forward to the trips if he has good memories to think about. Thursday morning we have clinic. At that time Jack's neurologist will have checked Jack's mri and will know if the left over tumor in his sweet head have either; disappeared (I have prayed for that), stayed the same (that would be good also), shrunk (even better), or grown (I am not going there). There are a miriad of other doctors there to consult with us on any needs Jack might have and then we will head back to Abilene.
Please pray for a safe trip, and for my directions around the big city to be good. And most importantly that Jack is healthy!
I signed up on the PBT (Pediatric Brain Tumor) online support group this week, because Jack is definately struggling with emotions, ups and downs....I thought I might be able to read up on other experiences with recovery after surgery. I could not even post my experiences with Jack because I was so overwhelmed by other struggles parents are living through with their children. 2 children died within 12 hours of signing on, and another little girl, who is 4yrs. old, had a scan and they found 8 more tumors on her spine....I can go on and on. I cry just thinking about it. I am so grateful Jack didn't have cancer and that he is alive. I am grateful that the Posterior Fossa Syndrome came and went within a month, when other parents are struggling with their children being 3 months out from surgery and still crying and whimpering all day. A mom on the sight said she was about ready to lose her mind. I know how scary that is to go through, but I had only to go through it for a short time compared to her situation. I pray for all these parents and children and siblings because only God can be their hope and salvation through the low valleys they are drowning in.
So I am grateful for Jack's emotions, his eyes are open, he is talking, he is eating and drinking, he is my son. His situation has been nudged by God's fingertips to move him along in his recovery at God's speed.
Thank you for keeping up with our family during the recovery time, there is not as much to write, but your continued prayers are felt. And your continued interest in Jack is amazing to me. May the Holy Spirit fall on you today and let you know in your heart how much you mean to me, because words are not enough.
Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy,
I am so glad you are continuing to keep us all informed of Jack's progress and recovery on the blog. We see you at church, but there is not always time for a thorough update with so many people around as well as trying to keep up with the kids! I will be out of town the next few days, but will be sure to check e-mail when I return to see how things are going in Dallas. You and Jack as well as the rest of your family will continue to be in my prayers.
Anonymous said…
I'm praying!

Carole Houston
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
I saw you at the back of the auditorium as we were coming back in last night at VBS, but I didn't have a chance to catch you afterwards for a send-off hug. You and your family continue to be in our prayers. We pray for amazingly good news as you visit with the doctors on Thursday for your reports. God bless you!
Gwen
Anonymous said…
Dearest Tammy,
your faith is definately your strength. I have recently passed the address for your site onto another mum whom I feel will probably need to read what you and your precious Jack have been through to date and what is to come. I have a new job teaching Ballroom Dancing and Line dancing in schools and came onto a little girl who after talking to her teacher had developed a turned eye and it had previously been diagnosed as a lazy eye, after relaying your story to her teacher she had followed it up with her mother and it looks as though it may be more than that. Aparently the doctor had not seen her to make this diagnosis and now is sending her for the tests needed. I felt bad for being the catalyst of possibly bad news but hopfully it won't be.
We are all praying that Jack's medical milestones are reached with ease and there are no more suprises.
Cindy Zacary and Benjamin
Anonymous said…
I know I have said this before, but thanks and thanks again for continuing to "post"...we are your Southeast Texas "family (in more ways than one now that I know you were a "key player" in Don and Mary getting together!). We LOVE Mary!

hugs, prayers and thanks again

Dixie
Anonymous said…
To all of the Marcelains:
I spoke with Karen this afternoon. I love all of you so very much.

Love,
Tracy
Anonymous said…
Praying that Dallas is going well for you guys and the healing (physical and emotional) continues.

Popular Posts