From one end of the earth to the other.

I have had 2 days to let the good news about Jack's MRI results to sink in (see 2 posts below to get that full story), I think that I was in shock for the first day. We made it home in record time from the hospital and were able to attend church that night. What a celebration. Hugs, tears, rejoicing, prayers, praise, and more tears. When I got into HIP (our Wednesday night praise service) it was so great to praise God for His love and healing. I truly have felt that God has called me to a new level of faithfulness and acceptance to Jack's health. I was ready to hear whatever from the doctor that day and I would have been thankful for whatever I heard because God is in control, because Jesus died on the cross for us, he has won the race for us. We only need to be an extension of that love He has shown us. I was overwhelmed to hear the progress of healing, I thought, "boy, we will be lucky if the tumors have stayed the same". Well God showed me, He wowed me, He freaked me out. I worshiped unabandoned with a spirit of rejoicing, with a spirit of crazy love for Him. I don't ever want to forget what it feels like to be given a gift of life for my child. I am grateful, Jack has a story to share.......

Jack made a new friend at chemo today. His name is Derek, spelled just like our Derek (D.J. to those of you who haven't made the name switchover yet). Jack was watching Scooby Doo and Derek and his mom came in to meet us. Derek sat down with Jack and they became instant friends. Derek has leukemia. He is currently taking many medications, one of which is steroids, that is why he has very cute chipmunk cheeks. Derek is 6 yrs. old and I think is in his first year of diagnosis, he has a total of 3 years on chemo. Derek and Jack were sitting next to each other and after about 10 minutes, Jack slowly lifted his hat to show Derek he was bald, and Derek shouted, "Hey, you're bald, me too!!" He lifted his hat off and showed Jack, then Derek said, "We must be twins because we are both bald." About 2 minutes later Derek noticed that Jack has blue eyes, again, "Hey, we really are twins, we both have blue eyes." I think Derek commented on their twinship about 20 times in the 2 hours they were together. How nice it is for them to sit by each other and feel connected, a kinship. They sat together and laughed at scooby then parted ways. How cool is that!

The joy of the Lord and His church that binds us together is such a blessing. People all over the world keep up with Jack through our family, the blog, many different ways I guess. I love to check the sitecounter on this blogsite and see the people who check on Jack from one end of the earth to the other. Alot of the long distance prayers started through Rob's dad, Robert, who lives overseas. He has many friends and he talks alot about his grandkids. One of my favorite stories about Rob's dad, was that one of his co-workers was surprised that he only had 4 grandchildren at the time (now he has 5), because he had so many pictures of them on his walls at his office. Rob's dad works in Kyrgystan which is in the former Soviet Union. He sent Rob and I a forward of an email that was mailed to him, I don't think that the sender will mind if I include it in today's post.

Elena Z. wrote

Thank you for sending me this update!!!!!!!! This is the EXPECTED ANSWER to my and not only my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We prayed for Jack together with Yelena K., payroll accountant! God bless her, I thank God for her heart as she keeps on praying for Jack like she knows him very well, like he is in her heart!!!! And you know, God has put the desire into my heart to proclaim (not just to read silently), but to proclaim all verses re healing I have (I have printed them out and they are on the wall in my room here) replacing "you, My people, etc" in verses with Jack Marcelain, actually what I did yesterday, today at lunchtime. I am sure apart from us many and many people pray for Jack! You see, God keeps everything under His control!!!! Thanks Robert, it is really very good news!!! and will be much better!!!

These women from a foreign country pray for Jack, a payroll accountant, Yelena, keeps him in her heart. God bless these women and the men and women all over who pray for Jack. He is in my heart, but I so gladly offer his testimony and updates to people so they will see the journey of a child who is sick, his family, and the Awesome Power of the Lord. All praise and glory I give to the Lord.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy,
I am so glad to hear that Jack is not just doing better, but winning and taking control. I had no doubts. He is a good soul and a true gift. One of your friends called him a superhero. That is exactly what he is. I am very happy for all of you.
Michelle in AZ.
Anonymous said…
I am so very happy for you and sweet Jack! I'm sorry I did not make it over to give a hug Wednesday night. Know I lifted the praises up during the powerful HIP service!

Popular Posts