He knows people love him.

Hello October -
Jack, Sophie and Derek have already chosen their costumes for trick or treating/church trunk or treat about 3 times, and continue to change their minds on a regular basis. I thought it would be funny for Rob to be Dr. Evil and Jack, Mini Me, although Jack has no clue who either of those characters are, Rob did ask him to put his pinky up to the side of his mouth and laugh. I am sure that if Jack ever saw Austin Powers he would be all over that, but as that is definately not appropriate for his 6 year old mind...I guess we will have to pass on that idea. We will see what their final choices are when they make a final decision about October 26th. My kids have always loved to dress up so whatever they wear on this halloween will be a new costume for them to dress up in for the next year, over and over and over...we always get our moneys worth on costumes. One rule, never anything scary, evil or gross.....

Last week I left out a bit of the head shaving story. After discussing it with Rob he was fine with me posting it..... After Rob and Jack had their heads shaved, all the family went out to load up in the van and I waited at the counter to pay, the hair dresser that cut Rob's hair said the total was $11, I didn't know if she was charging me for one or both of the cuts, because each had a different stylist. So I asked her about the total, and she said, "Well your sons hair was $7, but, um, well, uh, your husband's well, uh, well his was $4 because well, um, he didn't have very much hair to start with." When I told Rob about the charges we both got a good laugh out of it. The benefits of losing your hair...

Last Friday at school I asked the counselor if she knew where I could buy a Wylie hat for Jack, she said she would find out and let me know. After I left school Robin (the counselor) called me back about 20 minutes later and said Jack was just given a Wylie cap. In that short time, Robin asked Donna (the secretary) where I could get a Wylie cap, and then Donna called her husband, Coach Lang, at Wylie High School, told him about Jack losing his hair...and was there an extra cap that Jack could have, Coach Lang, immediately left the high school and drove to the elementary school where he presented Jack with his own Wylie cap in front of his class. When Robin told me what had happened she said Jack was smiling ear to ear.... he is very proud of his Wylie cap and wore it all weekend. There is a whole support team for Jack at his school, people who check on him, smile at him, love him, every day. Jack is one lucky kid. He knows people love him.

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier"....Mother Teresa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good evening Tammy and all:

Just a quick note to you that we continue daily to pray for Jack and for the family. It was a delight to spend time with you at Pirtle Pines. Prayerfully we will continue the "family" relationship for many years to come. You and yours bless our lives! Again, thanks for your transparency on this BLOG. Our prayer focus is now for the follow-up visits and the tests. We pray Joshua 1:9 for you and yours!!

love,

Dixie and Tom
Anonymous said…
I went to a school like that. . .one like Wylie AND one like Jack's elementary school. It was a small Christian school in Louisiana (also Sarah's alma mater)that had all grades in one very looooooooong building. Having schools like that makes a huge difference in a kid's life, and I know as difficult as it is for you to leave Jack every day, you feel safe knowing while he's away from you, he's in good hands there.

R--

Popular Posts