Drive-In

Rob and I took the kids to the Drive In movie theatre on Monday night. We went and saw Cheaper by the Dozen 2. My kids laughed from start to finish in the first one, and they really wanted to see #2. For whatever reason, only the drive in was showing it, so that was where we went. We loaded up the car with lawn chairs, a radio so we didn't have to run our car radio the whole time, blankets....and we were off.
We had a blast. The kids loved it. A couple of lessons were learned that we would change the next time we go, bring our own food, don't try and eat your dinner in the dark, just bring snacks, watch out for the chair that falls over when you lean sideways (poor Jack), but all in all it was totally fun.
The movie itself I would say was just o.k., not as funny as the first, but the kids still enjoyed it. The best line came at the end of the movie after one of the dozen gives birth to her first child and names it after her dad because he has shown.....

"There is no way to be a perfect parent, but a million ways to be a really good one."

Today we don't have too much scheduled, tomorrow Jack has chemo. The kids have just less than a week left before school starts back up it has gone so fast, how many days left till summer vacation? The older my kids get the more fun we all have together, years past I have counted the days to when school starts, but not this year.
-------------------------------

One of the towns outside of Abilene, Cross Plains, suffered from a terrible fire yesterday the high winds along with the lack of rain lately made it easy for a grass fire to spread into the town, houses and businesses, many were burned to the ground. The news said last night that they had a preliminary count of 20 houses burned to the ground but when they drove around they counted atleast 60, the fires had been burning for 10 hours and were still going, when all is said and done they will make a final count and I am sure it will be a devestating number to this little town of a population of 1078. One of the little girls that we see at chemo who has Leukemia lives in Cross Plains, I will be anxious to find out about their home. I will let you know when I find out.

www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw_local/article/0,1874,ABIL_7959_4346219,00.html
I don't know how to link that address, but if you want to read more that is the address to the newspaper article on the fire.

Love, Tammy

Comments

Unknown said…
I LOVE the drive-in!!
Some good friends of ours live outside of Early, and almost all their property burned. It came right up to their house, but thankfully, their house was just fine. They fought fires all night long. I went by this morning and walked the property and found some stacks still smoldering. I helped fill up buckets, then I mopped their floor - which was covered in soot from tracking it in. I am very sorry to hear of the devastation in Cross Plains.
... What a great ministry op we have ahead of us...
Anonymous said…
Our friends, Larry & Sandra Crockett, lost their home and everything in it. She, too, is fighting cancer. They can use all of our prayers. I know the people on this blog know how to pray! We have seen it happen for Jack!
Tammy M. said…
Scott - I will pray for Larry and Sandra I am sorry that they are going through all of that.

Popular Posts