Narnia

Rob and I took the kids to the movies on Saturday night. We went to see the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, Chronicles of Narnia. To say we liked it would be an understatement. All 5 of us were ready to sit down and watch it again. Jack has it planned that we go see it again next Monday their first weekday of Christmas holidays.

Rob has been reading the series to the kids at night for about the last 6 months. They are on the 3rd book. I read the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe about a month ago, I love to read the book before seeing the movie. The book was good, and I enjoyed the symbolism. To see Aslan on the big screen giving up his own life for Edmond who had betrayed good for evil was amazing. My heart was overwhelmed. My favorite part was at the end when Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmond received crowns and were made royalty in the big castle. All this was possible because Aslan's death made it possible, when I watched Edmond receive his crown, I started crying. I was trying to cry silently, because Jack hates it when I cry, and I don't really like for people no matter who they are to see me cry, it is such a vulnerable time, but I couldn't help it. I was quiet for the rest of the night and couldn't get my thoughts to much else. I was so humbled, once again, by Jesus' sacrifice.

We ran by Family Christian Bookstore on the way home and we were looking at the Chronicles stuff. Books, action figures, music, calendars, then I saw a keychain which had a purple crown on it and said "future queen", it started the tears all over again. Sometimes for the Peter's, Lucy's, and Susan's who have not betrayed so blatantly like us Edmond's that crown doesn't seem so shocking to receive. To see it portrayed so beautifully on the screen it was easy for me to close my eyes and say that will be me. Thank you Jesus for your birth, walk on earth, the blood you shed on the cross, for all of the Peter's, Lucy's, Susan's and Edmond's because we live in victory because of it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like Jack's thinking....seeing The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe a second, third, fourth time...would never be too many! We saw it Monday and it is indeed INCREDIBLE...one feels so peaceful, so assured of HIS presence...so loved...so "grace-ful"...as in devoid of all but HIS grace........thanks to God for HIS work in C S. Lewis...and Lewis' stepson and all who made and produced this movie.

And speaking of "grace-ful"...praises for Jack's onging recovery!!

We will see you in a week +!!

hugs

from Beumont

Popular Posts