Birthday Week

All is well at our house this week. Everyone is staying healthy, yeah! We are in the midst of Birthday Week. Jack and Sophie turn 7 on Thursday 2/2. The way our family does birthdays means generally that the celebration can carry through the whole week. On Sunday we celebrated with our family who live in town. We always have fun with them. The kids will celebrate with treats in the classroom on Thursday, and then Jack has chemo on his birthday so we will also celebrate with everyone there. I have ordered a cake and will get some balloons to take to Dr. Hirsch's office. Jack suggested that just for this year we change the date of his birthday, because he didn't really think he should have to do chemo on his birthday. I explained to him that because we celebrate more than once I thought it would be o.k. He thought about it and agreed.
We might be in the midst of birthday week, but I haven't decided what to get the kids for their birthday's yet. Because their birthdays fall so close to Christmas I always struggle with conflicted feelings about more...toys. I think I will get them things to do, like for Sophie clay classes, going to a local pottery store who also gives lessons in pottery-ing. Jack, I have no clue. I still have 2 more days to decide.
Blessings to all! I will post again after chemo on Thursday.
Love, Tammy

Comments

Sarah said…
I think things to do would be GREAT birthday presents instead of more things to clutter life! Happy birthday to two precious children!
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
You and Rob are such good role models for all of us. I am so blessed by watching your parenting skills. Have a wonderful birthday week. Jacki
stephc said…
Hurray for Birthday weeks! I have been celebrating tbem for years now and am so thrilled to know that I am not the only one who loves to draw out the fun as long as possible. I have been inspired by a friend to try "Birthday outtings" or mini-trips in liu of the dreaded party and closet stuffing, clutter causing gift. Now I just have to convince the birthday boy. Happy Birthday Jack and Sophie!
WES said…
Hope Jack takes this round of chemo well and his counts get up soon. Thanks for your post on BrocksBlog.

wl
Holly said…
Horray for birthdays. This week is Samantha's birthday too. It was Tuesday. I agree with you on the too many toys so close to christmas birthday. We have two January birthdays. I think classes are great. We got Kase so things to get ready for the pool this summer. I pray that Jack's chemo went well today.

Popular Posts