The Tooth Fairy is Living La Vita Loca

We are having a good week. It is Wednesday and Jack will have chemo tomorrow. He is feeling all better and back to normal from the stomach virus he had last week. Sophie is in the children's act for ACU's Sing Song this weekend. She will have rehearsals each night until then. This is her 2nd year to participate in this and she has really had a great experience both times. She will be dressed up as a little flapper in a fringy pink dress. Very exciting.
This was Jack's and my morning conversation yesterday before school:
Mom - Jack what would you like for breakfast today?
Jack - Nothin'
Mom - That's unusual Jack you always eat breakfast. What about some cereal or toast?
Jack - No I can't have anything because my tooth is so loose it might fall out if I eat and today when I deliver my valentine to Nurse Huff I want to pull it out on the way to her office so she will put it into a baggie for me.
Mom - Is there a reason you want to pull out your tooth on the way to Nurse Huff's office?
Jack - No not really, I just thought that would be a good idea.
Mom - O.K. good luck with your tooth pulling plan.

Yesterday after school I see baggie with Jack's tooth in it.

Mom - Oh Jack, good job you pulled your tooth. Did you pull it on the way to Nurse Huff's office?
Jack - No, I didn't get to go to Nurse Huff's office today, I will have to deliver my valentine tomorrow.
Mom - So when did you pull your tooth?
Jack - I had to pull it in class. My plan didn't work out.
Mom - Bummer.

Jack is a planner. He plans everything, hence the previous conversation. The tooth fairy on the other hand, she lives by the seat of her pants. Some nights she shows up, some nights she forgets, some nights she will take the tooth, others not, sometimes she will drop off the $1 bill a little late. I think that the tooth fairy is conflicted, as is Santa and the Easter Bunny. That is her neurosis, to be truthful all the time except when a holiday charade is involved, why is this conflicting? You have got me, I loved the idea of these creatures when I was little. I just can't seem to pull it off all the way when I am the one telling the "story".

I will let you know how Jack's counts are after chemo tomorrow. Blessings.
Tammy

Comments

Sarah said…
I love that Jack's a planner. However, life rarely goes according to plans. I think I'm a planner, too -- but have had to modify too many times!
Anonymous said…
I love that. He is so funny. I like plans too. His plan is much better than alot of my plans though. Love to all.

Becky and family

Popular Posts