Chemo Today / MRI Monday

It has been one busy day! Jack had his chemo bright and early this morning at 8:30am so he could be back at school for the spring musical this afternoon. We made it with about 30 minutes to spare. Jack's ANC counts are 1200. Anything over 1000 means that his immune system is strong enough to fight germs. He has one more chemo treatment then his 2 week break again. This month has gone so fast.
The musical was sweet and all the kids were very cute. Jack and Sophie had been practicing their lines daily for months. We were proud of them.

Jack and I go to Dallas on Monday for his next MRI, which will take place at 4:30 p.m. at Dallas Children's Hospital, then his Oncology visit with Dr. Bowers on Tuesday morning. It will be a quick trip, Rob can't go because he has to work, so keep us in your prayers, I so hate driving in the "big city" and am white knuckled the whole time. Although whenever I ask someone to pray for me to make the trip, I can always feel peace from the Lord, and am not quite so afraid. I am counting on you to pray for our drive there Monday and home Tuesday. The second prayer request is that you will pray for Jack's tumors to continue to shrink, and that this is a great visit medically for Jack. The third is to pray for Jack to be still during the MRI, the chemo has made him a bit twitchy and it is pretty hard for him to lay still, but if he can stay awake and not have to be sedated it is always better. He has never needed sedation for the MRI's, sometimes that twitchiness makes it hard for him to not move around, so if you will ask God to help Jack be very still.
Boy, I have alot to ask of you today. I am grateful for your prayers and kindnesses to our family.

I will post Tuesday after we get the latest results.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6,7

Comments

Rebecca said…
We will be praying here in South Texas. Take care.
Anonymous said…
Jack,

You have a whole "lotta" people praying for you over here. A day does not go by when there isn't someone who asks about you and tells me that they are praying for you.

I love ya buddy,

Grandpa
Anonymous said…
The White House here in Abilene is praying for you as you make your trip to Dallas. We pray for safe journey and GREAT news!! God be with you!
Pat, Gwen, and Ashlynn
Diane Viere said…
Praying for you from Minnesota.

Diane
Sarah said…
Waiting for an update and I read back over much of last April and May. Wow. God is good and faithful, when times are VERY dark. I needed to be reminded.
Anonymous said…
Just wanted you to know that we always pray for Jack and your family. Zach and Jackson do as well!! But today I am saying special prayers for good reports, safe driving, and peace that passes all understanding. I know all too well how unnerving it is waiting for tests. I know God is near!!! I had so much fun with you Fri. night!!

Popular Posts