My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Tonight we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding with Rob's family who are visiting from Missouri and Albuquerque. I just love that movie. I love that they spit on each other for good luck, "ahh-too, ahh-too", I love Tulla's family, when they are all together there is never a dull moment. It reminds me a bit of my family, we always have a good time, it is never dull or quiet.
I also love the part when Ian's mother brings over a bundt cake and Tulla's mom can't pronounce bundt, nor does she understand why there is a hole in the center, later on she presents it to the crowd with a potted plant in the center.
This movie reminds me of the importance of loving your family, spending as much time together as you can, and not taking everything that everyone says so seriously, just have fun and laugh. Here is a quote from the end of the movie:

My family is big and loud but they're my family. We fight and we laugh and yes, we roast lamb on a spit in the front yard. And where ever I go, what ever I do they will always be there.

Here is to roasting lamb on a spit in the front yard!

Comments

Cathy Messecar said…
Tammy,

Just wondering if I may quote you in a column sometime, I could just use first names and point readers to your blog. Either way is fine with me.

Readers love to see Christianity in action and your attitude is very inspiring.

So happy Jack's latest counts were up. Remembering him and all in prayers...Cathy
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
Just got back to Abilene this afternoon after a week without internet. I was very happy to hear of all the fun you had with family over Spring Break. Will continue to pray that Jack's counts stay high!
Anonymous said…
I am happy our family does not spit on eachother for good luck hehe. Love you and happy to hear that Jack is doing so well it is now only a matter of time before we hear that the cancer is completely gone (as per Jack himself). Love to all.

Becky
Anonymous said…
Oh Tammy - thanks for cheering me up... I really needed to read this one right now... family... in laws... thank God I do have them both... time to readjust attitude to help w the altitude. You're truly an inspiration and please please please, become a writer!!! Thank God for Jack's progress. We pray for him at church continually, along with a few other children we know who are overcoming cancer. love, Cheri in AZ

Popular Posts