Thank You

Hello! Jack had chemo today and his counts were good. 1270 ANC. It was a great day, we got to see 3 other kids and their families. We finished in record time, we were walking out at 4:30pm.
We have had a busy week with our trip to Dallas, and we are glad to be winding the week down. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, for all of your prayers this week. I just know that many people kept us lifted to the Father in prayer because the drive there and back went well, and the time Jack and I had together was wonderful. Jack has a 2 week break, just blood draws no chemo for the next 2 weeks. Please keep Jack and his healing in your prayers.

We had HIP last night at church (our mid-week service) and I think that it was the first time that I had just sat down and connected with the Lord since our Dallas trip. Most HIP nights there are tears somewhere on our row, tears that fall for so many different reasons, out of joy, gratefulness, lament, sometimes just because you are exhausted, worn out and ready to collapse - and you are welcomed into the presence of the Lord and you can just feel His presence surrounding you, holding you, consoling you, lifting your chin to see His glory and how He shines His love so completely over you. Like when you were little and something made you cry and you could hop up into your mom or dad's lap and you just felt better. That is what Wednesday night church is to me, it is like climbing up into the Lord's lap and just being held. Just being still in the presence of the Lord no matter what day or time or place it is opens us to realizing His presence around us. It seems like those busy weeks we don't take anytime to just be still and Know that He is God, His presence isn't as detectable, even though He is present at all times, sometimes we just don't slow down enough to take it all in. That is what Wednesday night's are for me, a time to slow down and drink in the Living God, pour out my heart, lift up my praise and just be. I think my tears were from all of the reasons above.
Glory.

Comments

Sarah said…
Holy tears -- wish I had a nickel for every holy tear shed on a Wednesday night.

I love HIP.

Popular Posts