Good Sunday Morning

Sunday morning. My house is quiet. The smell of coffee is in the air. Rob just went on to church as he is in the sound booth today, and I haven't woken the kids up yet. This is my favorite time of day, sneaking a bit of peace before the day begins. I have had a busy week, we are getting ready to go out of town to visit my siblings in Arizona, via family in Albuquerque. Finishing up all the loose ends. I know that I am getting old, because in the past when I go on vacation even for just a couple of days and then come back home to work, it is like I am looking at something I have never seen before. So I either have to leave myself really good notes or just get it all done before I go. I am trying my hardest to do the latter.
Things are good at our house. Jack's schedule of waking up on his own time has lessened the nausea to about nothing in the morning. Something about being woken up suddenly jolts his system and the lack of natural steroids that he has right now make him sick. But if he can just wake up gradually, his body doesn't call on the steroids so quickly and he does great.
Rob and I spent 4 hours on Friday night cleaning our kids rooms. I took Sophies and he took Derek and Jack's room. A big black garbage container and 2 bags of clothes to pass on later and they look somewhat inhabitable again. Normally the last week of school I make it my mission to clean each of their rooms before summer starts. I didn't have time to get that done this year, and couldn't stand to go on vacation leaving their rooms in such disaray. They do a good job tidying up, but they never want to get rid of anything. So about 3 times a year I give their rooms the heave ho, this only can be done when they are not home. Funny how they don't miss what they don't see.

Tonight is our 3rd book club meeting on Walking With God by John Eldredge. I love this book, and the other ladies involved have enjoyed it also. To be in alignment with where God's is calling me is a good thing, sometimes I get it, and sometimes I royally mess up, but that Grace He gives freely is what I cling to.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Comments

Michelle said…
Glad to hear Jack is feeling better. Love the new layout! Pretty.
Anonymous said…
Hey, Tammy -

I like your new look a lot. For one thing, it's really easy for me to read. My eyes aren't too good any more and I have a really hard time reading some blogs around (with black backgrounds). So this is GREAT!

Are y'all driving on your vacation? I presume. I hope and pray you have a safe trip. That's a LONG way to go.

Much love,

Dee
My girls and I did the same thing in their rooms yesterday. Lots of things in the trash and also things to give away and their rooms-and closets! look much better.

Have a safe and fun trip!
Sarah said…
Someone else waking me up before I'm ready makes me kind of nauseated, too. I get that.
Becky K said…
We are doing the kids bedroom today so that you can sleep somewhere and not be attacked by stray toys during the night. Love you.

Popular Posts