Where is Matt? Dancing all over the world.

Not sure where I have been for 2 years, this is the first time I have seen this video. Sorry about the h.e.double-toothpicks. I really enjoyed this video, then just spent some time looking around on his website to learn more about it all. On the About Matt page he is giving a lecture where he talks about some of the different countries, and the experience of one of his favorite 3 places to dance, Rwanda. Then he talked about taking pics of some sweet kids in Africa a couple of years ago, using a printer back in his hotel room to print them out, then taking the prints back out to the streets to give to the kids in the pictures. From that he was invited into their homes to meet with the family and elders of each family. He said he got some great pictures from those gatherings, then lost them all when his laptop was stolen out of his car when he was back in the states. He loved being able to give the kids a picture of themselves. One more thing, he talks about his experience dancing on a rock that fell between two rocks in Norway (I think) and was over a canyon. Think Grand Canyon with a big stuck rock between two walls and stepping onto it...eeek, not only talks about his but gives raw footage of the process of getting out onto the rock.



Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

How cool is his job?

Comments

AbbieCRAZY said…
So, he gets paid to go to these places and dance?! Yeah, that's cool.
AbbieCRAZY said…
I watched the outtakes video and laughed out loud....
Gone said…
WOW!! Funny to see everyone dance with him!!! Especially those kids.

Yeah, Denise...those out-takes were funny...I laughed too!

Tammy...last week I saw your post that included the email from your friend...also a Tammy. I included Nick on our blog last week and I am including him on our DAY of PRAYER post tomorrow!

~Blessings,
Jan
Susan said…
Tammy, I showed this to Vann last week and absolutely loved it! I love that he loves Rwanda. I want to go there soooo bad. When Serge graduates, I want to help support him. He wants to probably work with street kids.

A recent grad of ACU, Shannon (can't remember her last name now) is heading over there for a 2 year job. I asked her to look up and find out what kind of "wares" they could sell over here. I'll be the saleswoman for them. Wouldn't that be so cool?

Popular Posts