February 13, 2016

Lenten Eve - Get Your Prayer Lists Ready...





Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. You might not know about our 40 Days of Prayer for Marriage's. You can find the first two posts here and here. If you are participating have you gotten your list ready of your friends and family you are going to pray for?

What started as a deletion of a compilation of scriptures that I had made up ended up being the avenue to God reminding me that there was lots of good wisdom in my circle and this series would be BLESSED by their words and hearts. I have been so blessed from reading the submissions I have received already and anticipate receiving many more. I love that no two are alike, each one is a gift.

So starting tomorrow, we will have a guest post from someone each day (except Sundays) for the 40 Days of Lent, Lord willing. I am SO excited about this. If I don't have enough submissions then I will fill in here and there.

Jesus wandered the desert fasting for 40 days. Lent is a time that we remember that sacrifice and also make sacrifices of our own to till the soil of our hearts to allow God to transform us closer to the image of Christ. Lent is not just about taking away, but importantly about filling that time of sacrifice, whether it is a sacrifice of fasting from a meal, fasting from Facebook, fasting from television, fasting from Starbucks then giving the $ we saved to the poor. We can take the space we have opened up to pray, read scripture, serve others, write letters to shut-ins, practice hospitality...the list goes on.

I see faces and tears when I think about praying for other's marriages. Real faces, real tears, real confusion, real hopelessness. I am going to add praying for others marriages to my daily routine, I am carrying those precious hearts in my heart and lifting them to the Father for Him to tend. I pray you will join me in this 40 Days of Prayer. I beg you to join me. Allow God to bless you while you bless others.

A couple years ago I might have felt apathy if I read a post like this. However, I have seen God work miracles in the hearts of his people, and brought marriages from the edge of a grave to a place of celebration, I am a believer. In the words from scripture, "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief," have become second nature to me. I pray that you will believe with me, and ask God to help you overcome any unbelief and let's get prayin' ; )

See you for tomorrow's guest post by David Connor. All is gift.

0 comments: