March 06, 2016

Marriage on Lent Day #15



I am hoping you will join us on our 40 day journey of praying for the marriage's of those around us. My sweet friend told me once, "wedding problems are always a spiritual battle," and so with our prayers to the Father, they will be our weapons to fight with God for the hearts and unions of those around us. So get your list and join us in prayer.  The guest posts will bless those who are praying and also those of us who are married or know married people. I love that each post is very different. Get ready for some wonderful encouragement and powerful thoughts and prayers. Enjoy these blessings.

Messages from the Heart
After 28 years of marriage I have realized it is the little things that make the biggest difference.  When I come home after a busy day at work and Mark has started dinner....this is a huge deposit into my love bank.  When I do an errand for Mark and he finds out about it, it makes a huge difference in the rest of our day together.  The little things is what makes marriages stick together.  When each person is doing for one another there will be growth.  Once a person starts saying this is what I want, or this is what the other person needs to do to make me happier this opens the door of added conflict. Acts of kindness is a precious gift to any marriage. - Terri


I've always believed marriage is not a matter of finding the right person...but rather being the right person. - Mark

Scripture
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18

Prayer
Father, thank you for marriage. Help me be the person, rooted in You, that my spouse needs. May you open my eyes to places that I need to give up to you and allow you to transform. May the words from my mouth always be kind, truth, and represent the fragrance of love. I only want to be where You are, help me not to sway from You, especially in times of hurt.
In Your Holy Son's Name,
Amen

0 comments: