Counts back up!

Jack's counts - 1170 ANC. So glad to report that Jack is back in a safe zone. He had chemo today. He will go to school tomorrow, then we will head to Dallas this weekend for his MRI on Monday at 5pm and his Dr. Visit on Tuesday morning at 8:30 am. Then back home.
We are looking forward to visiting the mall where the kids are planning on spending their hard saved dollars, then to the Medievel Dinner and Show. We have alot planned this weekend, all of it fun! I am praying for Jack's counts to stay up, I am concerned with them just rising, then chemo today that they will be working their way back down. I wish that his blood test was like the blood test for diabetes, where he puts some blood on a stick then it would give me a reading as to what it is. But unfortunately that is not how it works, so while we are visiting all these fun and very populated places he could have low counts again. I know that might sound glass is half empty but I also know how low his counts were just 3 days ago. So the fact that he had all that chemo pumped into his veins has got to affect his counts either a little or alot over the next couple of days.
I am planning on putting him back in his mask for the mall and the show, whenever we are around large groups of people, atleast until I feel like his counts are back up and a little more stable.
Please pray for Jack to stay strong and healthy....
This week we went to the zoo on one of his days at home. It was the day that was 89 degrees, he wore his mask and then I pushed him around in a wheelchair. He loved it, although the first third of the zoo was tough on my back as I was pushing him in a faulty wheelchair, o.k. the wheelchair wasn't faulty I just forgot to take off both brakes! After the brakes were released it was even quite fun for me, and no more back strain.
Jack is looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. Have a great day.
Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
We will keep praying for Jack's blood counts and you guys have a great weekend!
Anonymous said…
I hope you have a wonderful time in the Metroplex and my prayer is that Jack will stay healthy and strong. It was great news to hear of the counts being above 1000 again. "Faulty brakes" - that was a good one! Just happy to know others have those kind of moments and I'm not alone......
Anonymous said…
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you head for the Metroplex this week-end. Enjoy your "family time" together...and we pray for a great report!
Love you all!
Pat and Gwen
Anonymous said…
What wonderful news about Jack's counts. We will continue to pray about his MRI! God is so good! Have a blast this weekend. We love you and your family.
The Hathorns

Popular Posts