Artwalk and Coca Cola Cake

Thursday morning. Tonight is the grand opening of my studio in downtown Abilene, starts at 5:30 pm. You will be able to find me in the Cockerell Galleries, 1133 N. 2nd St. Upstairs Suite #203. ACU has a student art show in the same building but it is downstairs, and there are many other talented artists of all kinds on my floor level in the building. The place was hustling and bustling with all the artists getting their galleries ready to have all the Artwalk participants wandering through their spaces and looking at their work. Many artists in the galleries sell quite a few pieces during Artwalk. I love everything I have seen.

While you are downtown another fun place to stop by is McKay's Bakery. That is of course where my husband works. I tried a new cake last week that they are selling. It is called a Coka Cola Cake. It reminded me of a smaller version of a Texas Sheet Cake. The first time I had a piece of a Texas Sheet Cake was many years ago and made by the most wonderful Glenda H. who is most excellent in all that she does. But if you don't want to make your own go to McKay's and buy this yummy moist chocolate cake. It has that same frosting that goes on a Texas Sheet Cake too, with bits of pecans in it. Did I say it was yummy? The best part is that it comes in a 9x9 square pan, so it is the perfect dessert size for 6 or so people, not so big that it hangs out on your hips forever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am soo excited for you. It is wonderful to see the blessings God is showering on you and your family. It warms my heart.
Love,
Becky

Popular Posts