Is it working?

We are going to Dallas today, it is about 7:30 in the morning and Jack is ready to hit the road. We will wait for Rob to get off work and leave after lunch today. We will find out the results as to whether this protocol of chemo is working or not.

Matt 7:24,25
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and {yet} it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock."

The confidance that we are assured by these words of Jesus give me that peace that passes all understanding.

Thank you God for the blessings you reign down on me. Blessings of family, 3 beautiful children, my husband, church family, friends, all the people who pray for Jack and keep up with him through this site. I recently read a bit of this book and I wanted to share it with you.
Karen Kingsbury,author
Let Me Hold You Longer, title

Here are some excerpts:

Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away and leave to me your past,
And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts. . .
The last time that I held a bottle to your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you and held you on my hip.
The last night when you woke up crying, needing to be walked.
When last you crawled up with your blanket, wanting to be rocked.
The last time when you ran to me, still small enough to hold.
The last time that you said you'd marry me when you grew old.
Precious, simple moments and bright flashes from your past-
Would I have held on longer if I knew they were your last?
Our last adventure to the park, your final midday nap,
The last time when you wore your favorite faded baseball cap.
Your last few hours of kindergarten, those last days of first grade,
Your last at bat in Little League, last colored picture made.
I never said good-bye to all your yesterdays long passed.
So what about tomorrow- will I recognize your lasts?.....

Before we found out about Jack's tumors I took all these for granted. I don't anymore, the pictures that Sophie colors for me, the hugs that Derek gives me, they are less now that he is older, but that makes them so much more powerful, Jack's kindnesses that he shows me and others. How could I have not relished in everyone of these before April? Don't get me wrong I appreciated them, but I didn't relish them, I wasn't overwhelmed by them, they didn't stir my heart, they didn't bring tears to my eyes, I didn't store them up as treasures in my heart to remember long after they have left my home and gone on to make their own way in life. Like this book says, will I recognize the last time? probably not, so I better appreciate them to the fullest now.

God's peace and blessings to you this week. Take God out of the box you have put Him in and let Him show you the blessings in your life, let Him "wow" you in your own life, find the joy in the middle of a work day, or in the middle of cleaning house. Most of all I pray for you as I do for myself, "Lord show me your glory on earth, I can only imagine the glory you have waiting for us in heaven." In your sweet Son's name, Amen.

We will plan to post on Wednesday about lunchtime what we find out with our meeting with Dr. Bowers.
Love, Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was thinking about sweet Jack early this morning while I was up feeding Summer. I pray that ya'll have a safe trip and get to enjoy exploring Dallas. I also pray that a miracle is happening in Jack's head and the doctors are amazed at how well he is doing! I pray that you will feel the loving arms of all the prayer warriors around you as you get the results! Love you guys!

Rene
Anonymous said…
Wow! Well, I am bawling right now. Thank you for reminding me to relish all the little things in life and not take them for granted. Thank you for your sweet spirit through all this. You and your precious family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you travel to Dallas today. Love you and your sweetness! Teri
Anonymous said…
You're right - you can never take time with a loved one for granted. My grandmother passed away a few weeks ago, and I was blessed to be with her two days before that. I bought her a pewter bookmark that day that told of my love for her. She had showed it to everyone after that. I still hold in my heart the memory of watching her read that bookmark over and over. It's in my Bible now. We are praying for Jack and for your family. I pray that God will heal him and that it will glorify Him through all the lives that you have touched. I pray that you will continue to have many firsts with your sweet boy, his children, and his grandchildren. Keep the faith!
Love,
M.C.
Anonymous said…
We think of you often. Though we are far away, we never stop praying for you and all of the trials you are going through. Thank you so much for reminding us how precious every day is. Thank you for your sweet spirit and what a testimony you have been to everyone of God's unending love for us. Know that our prayers are always with you.
Mindy McClung
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
Thank you for those reminders! I needed to hear every one of them.

You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Carole Houston
Anonymous said…
We are hoping for the best, and praying for all of you. We love you and we miss you!Hugs to everyone.

Love,
Dave, Karise, Keely & Kinlie

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are saved." Proverbs 18:10
We are racing to His Name;sheltering there; awaiting your news. May you feel His powerful protection in this time. We love you.
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
I am wearing my "Jack bracelet" today to serve as a constant reminder to keep Jack and the results of the MRI in my prayers. I am also praying for strength and peace for you and Rob as you wait today for the news you will hear tomorrow about the results.
Anonymous said…
We woke this morning saying a prayer for Jack and your family. What a joy to read your blog and be reminded of what is really important in our busy lives. Thank you for being such a blessing to us. We are praying hard for good results! Love, Howard & Jacki
Anonymous said…
Tammy,

I read Karen Kingsbury, too, and bawled when I read that poem in her book. Our time with our children is short and we never know what tomorrow will bring. I can't believe mine are both in high school, and one is almost done with that!! Seems like yesterday Evan was in Mrs. Ake's class and now Jack is! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

We are praying for your family today and that the test results tomorrow are good news! I pray that God will be with you and that you all will feel His presence as you go through yet another trial of patience as you wait for the results. We are praying you through it!!!

Love you lots,
Connie
Anonymous said…
Marcelain 5
Thank you for blessing me today... Is God's family good or what?! We love you so & pray continued, crazy Jesus PEACE on you all! The JOY OF THE LORD is my strength
XO Lisa, Jeff + Jude
Anonymous said…
Tammy and family:

I join others who cried when reading the Karen Kingsbury segment you quoted. You know that holds true for "grandmothering" as well. :-) We savor those treasured times with our grandchildren perhaps because we have "been there" with the Karen Kingsbury experience. It is reinforced with us to now savor EVERY moment while holding lightly to allow wings of independence to grow and develop. Oh the joy of small arms about ones neck complete with sticky kisses and giggles! :-)

Oh, please know we pray for Jack each day and our hearts are with you during this time. May you feel all of the love and prayers and most of all HIS love.

May this be a time for you when you find, as Jeremiah wrote: "Your words sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear your name O Lord...I sit...beneath the hand of God." TLB Jeremiah 15:16 & 17

We love y'all!

Tom & Dixie
Sarah said…
praying, praying, praying, waiting, praying, praying. . .
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reminding me of the blessings our wonderfully perfect God has given me. It is so easy to take it all for granted. You are in such a wonderful place right now because you know how rich your blessings are. I am on my knees praying for you all.

Popular Posts