Strong Little Man

Jack had a good chemo today/tonight. His chemo appt. was at 2:30 the port access line was put in about 3:00pm and then Nurse Sara tried to draw his blood through the line, and it was giving her trouble. She ran some saline through the line and it was clear, just cantankerous, so she had to draw Jack's blood through a needle stick in his arm. So he got 2 sticks today, bummer. He stayed strong, just a couple of silent tears. What a trooper. I always feel so helpless when he gets stuck, and he just takes it like a strong little man.
His counts were good, 1400 anc. So he is holding up well this week. He must have had some sort of a bug last week because he was sick off and on for 4 days, starting with his chemo day. I never knew if it was from chemo or a stomach virus. He has had 3 good days!!!! Hooray. He has felt good, done well at school, and had energy to play too.
Thursday night Jack, Derek, and Sophie were invited to model some clothes on a runway at the civic center, for a cancer fundraiser. They all seem pretty excited. Each of them were able to pick out their clothes from a designated shop, so that made it even more fun, as they are wearing clothes they really like.
Rob's sister Tamara and her kids will be here next week and she will be staying with Derek and Sophie while we go to Dallas. Jack's mri is Tuesday morning, the clinic visit with Dr. Bowers was rescheduled to Wednesday morning, and that is when we will find out the results. Then onto a visit with Jack's rehab dr. from Baylor. Then home again. Please keep that visit in your prayers. We will stay at the Ronald McDonald House which makes Jack jump for joy.
I am feeling better about Jack's bald head. I looked at a picture of Jack with hair, and it seemed weird. So I guess I am getting used to it. Another side effect of the chemo is his right eye lid is drooping a bit. I checked with Dr. Bowers today about that, and he said that it will go away 2-4 weeks after the chemo is over. It is reversable.
Jack also had a check up with Dr. Moody, his opthamologist, and his eyes are doing great.
That is the rundown on Jack this week. Thanks for keeping up with us.
Love, Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy & Jack,
I am so happy to have met both of you, and I finally got to meet the rest of your family at Jack's last appointment. I know we do not know each other very well, but I have just been so blessed to have met both of you, and I just adore Jack. I have a 5 year old little girl, she has such a sweet spirit, and I would love for her to meet Jack. Yall are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I hope everything goes well next week with his MRI and that we hear some good news. I am so glad you have this website so that we can keep up with "Our Jack" that is what KElli and I call him.
May God Bless you and keep you safe!
Jamie
Anonymous said…
With Tuesday approaching, we want
to send our love and support. We
are grateful for the updates. We
continue to pray for Jack and the
family.
Love always,
Roodes/Hubbards

Popular Posts