EEEK!!!!! Jack's counts are 11.

Jack's ANC counts are 11. Not 1100 or 110, but 11. We went on our merry way (actually not so merry, we all woke up late) to chemo this morning, Jack got his poke in his port, Nurse Sara drew up his blood, waited for the counts to come back, low and behold, literally, they were 11. She said pack up your stuff and get home quick. So that is what we did. We are on house arrest (or that is what it feels like) until next week. Sara will meet us on Monday at the clinic to draw blood again and see if Jack can go back to school on Tuesday.
Pray that Jack can stay healthy. We are in the clear as long as he looks o.k. and has no fever, any change with either of those will most likely put him in the hospital. He has a bit of a runny nose I think from allergies, that is what I am hoping anyway.
We have a stack of rented movies and a new board game, along with some fuzzy color posters so that should keep them happy for today anyway! eek, again.
The hardest decision about today will be that I should probably keep Derek and Sophie away from friends along with Jack, they might bring home some new germs from someone else, and that is not an easy thing for Derek these days. Atleast we can play in our backyard.
The last but not least sorry story today is that we had a party scheduled for Derek's 9th birthday for Friday night. His birthday is Saturday. That has had to be cancelled too! We will reschedule, and I hope that Rob and Derek can go and do something fun just the two of them on his birthday. Big bummer for Derek. If he would have pitched a fit, cried, screamed, I might have felt a little better, but when I told him he just softly said, O.K., and put his chin to his chest, that makes me want to cry.
I am going to kick into high gear and make sure there is fun stuff to do, bake, color, make, paint, play with over the next 4 days, ....remember that post yesterday where I was touting the joys of having my kids home, well one of my friends emailed me that I must be from another planet, her kids were fighting, then another email from another friend arrived, her kids were fighting over the middle cushion on the couch, well that could be us times 10 by Monday. Keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As I sat in the seemingly non moving line at the prescription window at Walgreens today, and looked over to see you standing at the counter, my first thought was wondering how Jack was doing. Then I thought about how you always have a happy face and we would not know if anything was amiss. Once again I am thankful for your blogs so that we know when
you are in need of special prayers.
Jack will be lifted up in prayers this week, as well as you and the rest of your family. Hang in there.
Lois
Unknown said…
This IS sour news. Jack and you and the whole clan are difinitely in my prayers. I hope he gets over it quickly.
What does ANC stand for, anyway?
Tammy M. said…
Amber -
ANC means in medicine, absolute neutrophil count, a measure of the real or actual number of white blood cells a patient has to fight infection. Thanks for asking.

Popular Posts