Anywhere With Jesus I Will Safely Go

Jack has had a good day at chemotherapy. Took 4 hours to the minute today from start to finish. No problems at all, we just went right in with no extra complications today. I was very curious as to what Jack's ANC counts would be today, after his one session on chemo last week. I am excited to say that his counts are better than they were before his fist chemo treatment last week! Jack watched his favorite movie Scooby Doo 2 and played his gameboy, and before we knew it he was done.
This was also the 2nd day of school, and all the kids are having fun, and learning too! Jack was disappointed to leave school early today to go to chemotherapy, but that is where our two worlds are interwoven right now. Healthcare and our daily lives. Jack loves his teachers and is always happy when he has friends around. I am so glad to have him in such a great atmosphere at school, all the teachers are so kind and helpful. Jack's smile makes everybody love him.
I bought the new Amy Grant Cd which she sings some old favorite hymn's and the first song is Anywhere With Jesus I Will Safely Go, I love that song and it is so comforting to sing those words right into my heart. I am grateful to be able to lay my burden's down and have our Sweet Heavenly Father lift them for me. I feel like this year I must just lay at His feet and He will carry all of us through, but I am so glad for the grace he shows me when I am struggling in my faith. I love the song which I haven't got the first clue of the name but it says, when I am strong enough I will stand on His promises, and when I'm not I will fall on the grace that called me to Him in the first place. My days are filled with both of the previous descriptions, strength when I rely on Him, and falling when I only rely on myself. I know that Light of His Glory is shown through the cracked clay pot I am. Thanks for your prayers we feel them every day.
Love, Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are so glad Jack is doing well with his chemotherapy. We are so grateful for the updates. We think of you so often and there is comfort in reading your updates. Give the kids hugs and kisses from us! We love you.
Hubbards and Roodes
Sarah said…
So if I stand let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through
And if I can't, let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you So if I sing let me sing for the joy that has born in me these songs
And if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home

We truly are soul sisters. Those lyrics (I know the song that Rich Mullins sings but Jars of Clay has a recording) have helped me crawl on my hands and knees through very dark times. I'm thankful that today went well -- AND that Jack missed being at school! :-)
Much love to you all!
Anonymous said…
I've been thinking of ya'll all day today! Glad things went well and that Jack's counts were surprisingly better than last week!! That's great!! Glad school is going well for all of the kids. Rest in HIS arms, Tammy, and HE will provide you with strength and perseverence! Love to you, Rob, Jack, Sophie, and Derek...you're a special family to us!!
Gwen
Anonymous said…
Ok. You just quoted my favorite Rich Mullins song EVER ---(besides "Aidan", of course). Yet another reason to love it. I wore my Jack bracelet to work at the library yesterday. It made me pray all day. Yeah for the blood count and tha "ranch dip" huh?
I love you so,
Jana
Anonymous said…
Sophie was listening to that Amy Grant CD in the car with us yesterday as we came home from school. It's one of my all time favorites. Its nice to hear that the time went by quickly for the chemo yesterday. I will keep on lifting your family up in prayer!
Anonymous said…
Tammy, you & your family are constantly in our prayers. I am so happy to have D.J. in my class on Sunday mornings. Please know that the class will pray for you all every Sunday.

Much love to y'all!

Holli Coor
Anonymous said…
Tammy so glad everything is going ok and Jack's nausea is able to be controlled. He looks so small in that chair. I'm sure by the time this is all finished he will be able to repeat word for word many of his favourite videos. So pleased you and Rob had a nice night for your tenth anniversary. Love to you all Greta
Anonymous said…
Tammy, you continue to be such an inspiration to so many people. We all seem to be focusing on Jack, but I worry so about you and Rob. You need each other and time to be with each other. Take those precious moments together!! You will continue to be in our prayers as this hurdle plays itself out. We love you so very much. Our love to Jack and Sophie an D.J. :>) Foy and Mary Sue

Popular Posts