Relay For Life Pics

The Relay For Life was alot of fun. I loved being there amongst all the survivors and those who are fighting cancer. The feeling of victory was in the air. Here are some pics. Tom and Elaine (Rob's mom and her husband) came and our friends Nic and Vanessa also came to support Jack. We had a great time with all of our family and friends.





Here is Nic encouraging Jack to jump on the mat when he walks by.

Here is Jack laying on the mat.



Here is one of the luminaries that were made in honor of Jack. There were 9 people who made luminaries in Jack's honor. It was fun to count them as we walked around the track. Jack having no idea what a luminary was walked over to pick one up after I asked him to so I could take his picture with it, looked inside, and started tearing up. Tears streaming down his cheeks and said, "Why would someone give me dirt?" After explaining it several times I still don't think he really understood what the luminaries were for.

Comments

Unknown said…
He is right, the poor little dear! He deserves sooo much more than DIRT! I would have cried, too.
Troy M. Stirman said…
Maybe it's just me, but that new hairdo Nic is sporting reminds me a little too much of Carrot Top!!!

Nic, I'll spring for the haircut...
bob said…
Aw, come on now, Troy! He is growing his hair out long for our move to Hawaii. It's just in an awkward stage. : ) -Vanessa
Tammy M. said…
I love Nic's hair!!! But I think I prefer it curly to straight...
AbbieCRAZY said…
I'm w/Amber - he definely deserves more than dirt! Bless his heart...

Nic's hair. Stoner. Total Stoner.

Popular Posts