Home Again

Thursday morning. Back from our vacation to see family in Arizona and Albuquerque. We had a blast. We went to a water park, a Diamondback Baseball game, church with my sister and her family, had a barbque, saw some wonderful friends of mine. Hung out with family, met my twin neices who were about 18 months ago, played my brothers Wii. My sister Becky made Lamingtons for me ; }. Yummy! Lamingtons are a sponge type cake cut into squares with a thin chocolate sauce/icing put all around the side and then dunked in coconut. Think Zinger only Chocolate and much better. I didn't take alot of pics, I took some, so once I get them uploaded I will post a few.

The kids had a great time with all of their cousins and many more memories were made.

I budgeted a certain amount for gasoline, and although it was expensive, we didn't need to fill up as much as I thought we might, so it left us enough in our envelope to search high and low for our own Wii. After numerous stores and phone calls, none were to be found in AZ. My sister in law in Albuquerque, searched high and low for us and found none IN Albuquerque, but a small town about 15 miles outside of Alb. named Moriarty had 5 on their shelves. So she went and bought us one and had it waiting on her dining room table when we walked in. I paid her back, and now we are the official owners of a Wii system. We all loved playing it, and my brother had alot of the games, so we were able to try many of them out to see which ones we would like to buy in the future. A must have was Guitar Hero. We totally loved it.

It is always a blast to leave town, but always so nice to be home.

Today we will go pick up Snickers from the Vet where she boards, and we will be officially back home.

What a great week.

Comments

Sarah said…
Welcome back!! Yay!
Gone said…
So glad you had such a wonderful time - and so glad you're back!!

~Blessings,
Jan
Allison Connor said…
Welcome Back! We missed you at Bunco Monday!! So, I am thinking next time you host bunco you need to introduce us to Lamingtons...they sound yummy!!
Courtney said…
Hi Tammy! I can't say thank you enough for stopping by my blog and saying hello :) It is wonderful to hear from you! Your blog looks great and I gotta tell you...you are a constant inspiration to me! Your words grip me in the spaces of my life that need shifting. Your servancy to the Lord is so admirable and really forces me to sit still, breathe and focus on what is truly important. Many blessings to you!! You are the best!

Popular Posts