I will praise You Lord Jesus!

Monday night. Today has been an excellent day. If I could have walked around with my hands in the air praising God all day, I would have. My heart has praised him all day long, from the moment I woke up. God has blessed me with peace and joy. I have come through the muck and mire, made it through with the Lord carrying me all of the way and I am so grateful.

I went to a couple of classes today at the ACU Lectures. Randy Harris is always entertaining and thought provoking. He spoke on humility. I loved how he used many examples of his own life as what not to do. Humility is not a very popular word in our culture, most would think of it as a character fault or defect, definately a weakness not a strength. I loved the class.
Then I went to a class on authenticity and christianity. Great class too. One of the most interesting comments that a college girl said was that she didn't feel like she could share openly about her struggles at church, but then she would go home and blog about it. Her friends would read it, but no one ever spoke about what was written. They might even comment on the posts, but no one would bring it up in the real world, it was like a virtual confessional with no follow up. The shiny happy way that "church" is done does not bring God any glory. It is only through our weaknesses that God's strength can be seen. I see no value in pretending. When I came back to the Lord many years ago I needed real people with real struggles to show me how to put one foot in front of the other, I am thankful to God for bringing me into such a fellowship of believers.

Blessings.

Comments

Popular Posts