The Whisper of God

Monday afternoon. Taking a break from work on my computer thought I would say a big hello.
Busy weekend, shot a great wedding on Saturday, looking forward to another great wedding in North Richland Hills this Saturday. The ladies class that I am in on Sunday night is such a blessing. I am thoroughly enjoying watching God work in myself and the group of women who have come together to study. For such a large group there is amazing intimacy between the women, some new friends and some long time friends. The study is called "Discerning God's Voice" and is taught by Priscilla Shirer (it's video driven) then we have 5 days of homework.
Last night we discussed different times in our lives where we felt the presence of God was so overwhelming and the times where we felt that He was speaking very loudly through His Spirit right into our hearts. God does talk to us today, he talks to us through the Spirit that came upon us when became Christians. His Holy Spirit. If you are like me you can just be too busy to listen, or there is a stronghold that is muddling up the ability to hear. But God is there.
Have you ever felt like God was speaking to you? We are talking about inaudible whispers and speaking here. God could call out to us and wouldn't that be a trip if He did, but what we are discussing is a whisper inside. So share your story with me.

Comments

Michelle said…
thank you for this post today! just exactly what he wanted to me think and pray about, and he spoke through YOU!

we'll be seein' ya soon! :)
Anonymous said…
Last Sept. we were deciding whether to send our son to a gifted/talented school, and for some reason we were waffling. We had prayed, talked to friends, and had them pray. Finally, one day as I headed out the door with this question on my mind, it was almost like a loud voice said to me WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? TRUST IN ME.
That did it! Our son has finished his first year at the academy, and loves it!
God is good!

Sharon Winkler

Popular Posts