I want to be a girl like that.

I know that my header bar is gone. Don't know why, just disappeared. I put a request in for my blog design creator to take a look at it for me, but until then, if anyone knows what I need to do to fix it, feel free to post in the comments.

Last night was the first night of a Ladies Book Club that I am hosting at my house. I finished reading Walking With God several weeks ago, but this is a book that needs to be discussed it is so full of inspiration and challenges my assumptions about my spiritual walk with God. I am grateful to have a small group of women who will walk through the book together. I love to have people in my home and I love for that to be centered on the Lord. A blessing all the way around. I want to encourage you to pick up this book at the bookstore, read it through, and also be open to if the Lord calls you like He did me to enter into fellowship with a small group to discuss it, but most important live your walk with God, making the most of each day with Him.

Do you have a friend who seems to always have something negative to say? Always seems to think they know what is best? Quick to judge someone, be it by the clothes they wear or by their lifestyle? These are areas where God is working on my heart lately. I would like to say I don't ever do any of this, but unfortunately I would say that I have been wading in the pool of unrighteous words and thoughts. I would say that it is not my defining characteristic, and I would also say that I don't think I struggle with all of the questions above, maybe I struggle the most with thinking I know what is best. But that struggle can show itself through negativity, or judgemental words. This was not always a struggle with me, it seems like when I knew the least about the Lord, that I was least judgemental. But then the more I grew in knowledge, it became easier for me to think I had it all together. I think that is opposite of where God wants me. More knowledge is a dangerous thing without more wisdom, more humility, more love, more discernment. Isn't that why the Pharisee's were told by Jesus a quote by Isaiah, "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain." Matthew 15:8 and then just a couple of verses later "But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean?'" Matthew 15:18.

God has been calling me on this for a while now. And truthfully I have felt the call but I haven't bent my will to His. I am grateful for His mercy and patience. I am also grateful that He keeps on calling me into alignment with His expectations for myself, which are so much higher than my expectations for myself. If you will pray for me during this time of growth I would really appreciate it.

Last week in the Wednesday night class at Highland that I am attending right now there were 2 testimonials from men who had struggled with same sex attraction. Both have been delivered through God's great healing. These classes are gold. I have just learned so much. But last week one of the men said that he was seeking counseling to help him figure out why he was having these same sex attraction feelings, and the counselor asked him if he had anyone he could share this with. Is there anyone in his life that he could be open about what he was struggling with. He said that a friend of his, a girl, came to mind. He said that he had never heard her say a bad thing about anyone. She was someone who found good in all people she met. He thought if he could tell anyone it would be her. And he did and she was kind and generous with him and she helped him walk through his healing, through prayer and encouragement.
Those words convicted me deep in my heart. I want to be a girl like that. I wanted to be the person who never had anything critical to say. For whatever reason I feel like I have to say again, this is not my defining character, but maybe that is why I notice it so much. I can see the difference in my words now as compared to 10 years ago. I can see a difference and I don't like it. It is so much easier to just ride the currents of what is around you, it is so much easier to just go with the flow, and truthfully in this area you can just come across with a "holier than thou" attitude if you don't do this in God's way. I just want to be kind and generous with people, with my words, with my heart, with my thoughts. I want to be merciful and not judgemental. Just like any defining characteristics of Jesus, these things do not come naturally, they must be developed and trained in one self. And only through God's miraculous transformation do they become a real part of you, and not just something you fight every day. I am a miraculous transformation of God's and I have high expectations that He will keep on transforming me on this earth until He brings me home.

Comments

Anna said…
I guess we all have our struggles, don't we? =) I, too, struggle with this same issue sometimes. I like to think of myself as a very accepting person, not quick to judge....but I know I fall short more than I'd like to admit. I have to say though.....you are one of the most amazing women I know!! I could easily use the "I want to be a girl like that" quote with you! =)
Casey said…
Hi Tammy!! Did I hear/ read it right, that you and your family are coming out to AZ in June? I know Becky is excited to see you. At one point I heard if you were coming out here you would be taking pictures. So I just thought I would ask to see if you would be doing that and if my family (Eric, Ellie, my belly and me) could get on that list. If you aren't doing pictures then don't worry about it. I just love your work. Either way I hope we get to see you, but I know you will be busy with family stuff. I am sure they all can't wait to see your family. :)

My struggles- I hold grugges. Some are easier to let go then others. But I have a few that I am working on to LET IT GO!!! And I do until I remember it and then I get upset or frustrated with myself and that situation. Or maybe its bc I am hormonal right now I am having a hard time letting go c of that.... thats it....
Overwhelmed! said…
I'm having blog design issues as well and I hope Susie can resolve them soon. Looks like several of us have these issues. Let me know when she fixes yours, will you?
Lindi said…
You are an inspiration as always. I notice that with certain people I tend to act a certain way than with others. Kind of giving what they expect syndrome. There are people I vow never to say a bad word about. But that standard should be for all. I'd like to be that person too and sadly I'm not even close. What a great blog for opening my eyes to who people probably perceive me as. :(

Popular Posts