Jesus loves.

Wednesday night and time to hit the hay. I have not posted in a couple of days so just to catch up. Tomorrow is the last day of school. YIPPPEEE!!!! The kids and I will go get donuts for breakfast before school to celebrate. This weekend is our church's 75th Anniversary, so there will be alot of fun activities. Old fashioned singing on the lawn, Tea Party, and Miniature Golf at Primetime. Then our previous minister, John Risse, is returning to preach on Sunday.

Tonight was the last night of the 6 week series class at Highland on same-sex attraction. I was able to make 5 of the 6 classes and am so blessed. I just learned tonight that there is a website for the ministry, centerpeace.net. Christians have to step up to the plate and be Jesus to all those around us, not just those who we think have the same sins we have. We have labeled certain sins to be so shameful, even if our words are not hateful, the lack of words and silence on this issue gives the same affect, our brothers and sisters in Christ that struggle with this feel they have no where to go but outside the church to deal with their feelings. I am grateful for the men and women who shared their testimonies during this class, to help take away the shock factor, lessen the perceived phobia. They look just like you and me, they were raised in Christian homes and this was not something they chose for themselves. Once they found a safe place to share then their healing began. One of the men said, he was broken in relationship, and he was healed in relationship. I am grateful that God loves me just as much today as he did when I was walking away from Him 20 years ago. He loves us all. My struggles were not same-sex attraction, but it doesn't really matter, Satan knows what buttons to push. He actually knows us better than we know ourselves, as we just try and bury our heads as to where are struggles are. Satan doesn't bury his head, he knows very well where are weaknesses are. Jesus has won the war, we just need to follow Him to live in victory. Jesus loves all the time.

I am sorry to announce that American Airlines assured me this week that they would not be paying for my laptop that they insisited I valet check, then in turn was smashed. This letter was not as nice as the first, in fact they basically told me that I must not have understood them the first time. C'est La Vie.

Have a great Thursday.

Comments

Becky K said…
American Airlines are stinkers I am sorry for you about that. Just think about it though if you checked it now you would have to pay $25 for it to be broken. So you have saved $25. :)
Gone said…
It was soooo great to see your comment on our blog...just to know you've visited us!!

We've been watching, with pleasure and amazement in our Lord...the stories about Jack's Dr's appointment.

Last day of school? Already? WOW!! Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

I'd LOVE to be there for your church's 75th Anniversary party...and help with the Tea Party. I so do love to have those Tea Parties!! I have all of the tea cups, saucers, dessert plates, dessert forks and loose leaf tea to have them...plus I love to make all the finger-food and sandwiches that go along with it!!!

Enjoy~!~
Cheri w/ a "C" said…
Sorry about your 'puter. That just bites. Guess they needed the $ themselves for gas! Praise God for Jack's outcomes. We do our RFL walk next wkend, and Jack's name will be there, too! Love reading your blogs... don't always leave a note that I stopped by, but mainly it's because the silly server freaks out and says it can't find the comment section. whatever...

Popular Posts