Twittering and Whispering

Do you Twitter? What is twitter...well I am so not technically gifted, but my explanation is that Twitter is a quick blogging application that works through your mobile phone or computer. If you Twitter then you can click the "follow me" button on the right and it will add me to your twittering list. If you don't twitter, well I think that is great too! It is one more way to stay in touch, but also a user of time. Don't know how long I will be a twitterer, but giving it a try.

I have forgotten to mention that there is an exhibit of children's artwork in the NICCL in Downtown Abilene. This month there is an author featured who wrote a children's book about how our bodies work. David....don't remember the last name. Anyway as an added exhibit there was a collaboration with Cook's Specialty Clinic here in town for all the kids who have gone through chemo and they were each asked to draw pictures of their bodies. Jack participated so he has a drawing up in the NICCL. I am going to try and get by to see it myself, maybe today. Jack's drawing depicted the changes in his body over the last year. He has several different versions of his body depending on where he was in the steroids weight gain and loss. It was interesting hearing about all the different kids drawings, I can't wait to see them. There are no names, just "Boy Age 9" for instance. Jack's drawing has several bodies on it and they are drawn in yellow.

Friday morning. Some weeks are busier than others and this would be one of those. I haven't really blogged about it very much but I am feeling God pulling me to him and calling me to more Sabbath. I wish I could Sabbath all day like the Jewish faith, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. And I am not sure that is where I am being called either. Sabbath's throughout the day to be in silence and prayer, considering God's word. After reading "Walking With God" I was reminded that if my time is so full of busyness and going from one place to another then I am filling my life with so much that I am not able to hear God's voice. Where He would have me focus my energies that day, who He wants me to reach out to, where He wants me to be in His word. I have realized the Rat Race is being fueled by the biggest rat of them all, Satan himself. If we can stay busy, moving, driving, always in the midst of noise, then we might miss a day listening to God and following Him. It is almost embarassing to tell someone that you are doing nothing. I am sitting in quiet in fellowship with God. My heart seeking Him, and my posture in humility communing with my Creator. The way things seem to be now, if we aren't going 90 to nothing then we are just a freak. "I just don't have time for bible study today." or maybe sarcastically thought, "Yea, I wish I had time to sit and commune in silence with God, but my life is just to busy for that." Those thoughts are second nature in us, or atleast they are in me. But I just have stopped. I have made myself stop and take time for God throughout my day. The difference it has made is great. In the midst of this busy week when I stop at different times of the day and just pray or read a scripture or just wait on the Lord and think about Him and not my next appt. I have found peace and mercy in the midst of it all. God's grace in full, finding their way into snippets of my day. I have read so many times, that the great men and women of faith have all been fueled by prayer. The more they have to do, the more time they pray, not less. I so want to be a seeking child of God. I so want to have every blessing and wonderful moment that He has in store for me, and my heart aches for the times I have been too busy to just stop and receive those blessings. But I am longing for the times ahead, and loving today, because I know that God has called me here today, he has transformed my heart to stop and listen, and I crave Him.
The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 1 Kings 19:11-13

Would you hear the whisper?

Comments

Popular Posts