1 Nurse + 1 Doctor = 1

Wrote this yesterday but an error happened and it took it all away when I tried to post it. Saturday morning now. I am about to get ready for a 75th Anniversary Tea Party with Sophie and Elaine. The boys are going to the golf tournament with Elaine's hubby Tom as Rob is working this morning. Then lunch time we celebrate 2 of our Coffee Gals birthdays. Happy Birthday Donna W. and Robyn W.! Tonight is Dinner on the Lawn at church as a part of the celebration weekend. A fun day.

Nothing can compare to the "fun-ness" of Thursday night though. My sweet friend Amber Carroll wed her love, Kent and now she is Amber Brantly. I was proud to take pictures of the union. It took place in the backyard of Amber's grandparents, and the wedding was planned in 4 days. Yes, 4 days, it can be done. And it was done simply and beautifully. Props to Lisa, Amber's mom, her Happy (grandmother), and all the aunts, who made all the preparations so well. The dads grilled the chicken and beef during the day, and there was a wedding on the lawn and a backyard mexican fajita feast. Donnie, Amber's dad, officiated the service, and did a great job. The Holy Spirit was thick and Jesus was definately smiling. I will work on the pics Monday and am hoping to have the blog post up on my photog blog Monday night or Tuesday. I will post a little note here, just to let all of you know that want to see the pics. It was a sweet day. 2 people. 2 hearts for medical missions. 1 nurse. 1 doctor. Joined as 1 to do God's work for those in need. An awesome story of God's divine plan.

We are enjoying our friends the Risse's in town this weekend. John came into preach on Sunday, so we are blessed to have a reunion with our friends. My good friend Amy and her kids are in town to celebrate also (John and Diane's daughter) So we all had a fun girls morning and lunch yesterday. I loved seeing Amy and Diane again. As it was a girls thing, Ris wasn't invited. Will look forward to seeing him today sometime. I will never forget the blessings of this family on my life.

So that is it. Look for Amber Joy's and Kents pics on my photo blog at the first of the week. Have an awesome weekend!

Comments

Anne said…
I didn't know y'all were having a birthday lunch?

Hope everyone has a good time.

Popular Posts