Fingerprints

Jack had his chemo this morning, his counts were low, 857 anc, please keep Jack and his wellness in your prayers. Jack had that stomach virus last week and hasn't had much of an appetite to speak of at all. Because nothing sounded good to him, the couple of times I had him take his mannatech he didn't keep it down. One whole week without any extra nutrients in his system, I suspected that his counts would be low. I find it truly amazing that these nutrients make such a difference in his system. Every week it seems his counts are related to how much mannatech he has taken.
Big thanks to Karene Neill who took my place today with Jack. I am in Arizona to attend my sister's wedding on Saturday, and Karene kindly took Jack to chemo for me. I am sure that Jack had a great time with her, and not only is she a friend, she is also a nurse, so who better to take him, thank you Karene! I am glad that we have so many people around our family who support us. I never take for granted just how different our life would be without faith, family and friends.
I can not tell you how hard it is for me to be away from my family, but it is important for me to support my sister and her soon to be new husband, I am gone for 3 days but it will be a gut-wrenching 3 days, especially with Jack's counts low. I remember one time before I was married and I went on a holiday with about 5 girlfriends, and one of my friends was calling home to speak to her children and husband, after she hung up she just cried and cried. I know now how she felt. The bond of motherhood does not just take a break when we step out of the daily grind for even a short time.
I appreciate Rob for being a single parent this weekend, he was happy for me to go, but I know that between work and home he is going to be busy, busy, busy....
Lord, thank you for that man.
Thanks for your continued prayers, once again, pray Jack takes his vitamins, and stays healthy. To plajorize Sarah's blog, I see the fingerprints of God all over our family, in the form of the hands of His people ministering to us. Thank you for that ministry. I praise God for you.
Love, Tammy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy,
My prayers are with you while you are away from Rob and the kids. I'm thankful you took the time to post the update on the blog after today's chemo. I will pray that Jack has a better appetite this week and is able to keep the vitamins down.
Anonymous said…
We will pray for Jack's counts to go up and for your sister's wedding to go well and for you to spend some of the time away getting some rest and for Rob to have a dose of extra engery.
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
Enjoy your sister's special day. We will pray extra hard for your little family this weekend. Rob - you are a good man! We love you guys! Howard & Jacki
Anonymous said…
Tammy and Rob,

You have an amazing boy in Jack. He tolerated everything about chemo without batting an eyelash. When we first arrived, Sara got everything started and Jack started eating the food that had been packed for him. He also started watching a movie. He was making big strides with the food and I began to think I was going to have to find more food! He ate both the Kudos, 1/2 Fanta, 1/2 bag of Cheetos, some yogurt and a few bites of the sandwich. This was probably all done by 10:30 and we had only been there an hour! When he finished this initial dining frenzy, he didn't touch any of it again. Then the game boy playing commenced ,(while viewing Scooby Doo). I am amazed by his comfort level with the whole chemo process. Thanks for the opportunity you gave me to sit and be still. I asked Jack when we were leaving if he would come watch movies with me if I ever have to have chemo and he just chuckled.

Tammy- Have a great trip. I love you.

Karene
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
Our thoughts and well wishes are with you this weekend as your thoughts are at home with your family as you celebrate Becky's Wedding as we will be attending your cousin Matthew's Wedding in Australia. There will be about a 6 1/2 hour difference between the two ceremonies.

I would like to think that it was all happening as it is for a reason to remind us the bonds of family are strong no matter how far away or how the bonds are formed be it kith or kin.

May God shine brightly on you and your family for this weekend and strengthen Jacks fortitude to improve his counts.

You are always present in my thoughts. My love to all,
Cindy
Anonymous said…
You are in our daily thoughts and prayers. I know you will be anxious to get back to your family here in Abilene, but hope you had an enjoyable time with extended family at your sister's wedding. I'm sure Rob did a GREAT job of playing "mom and dad" this week-end! We'll pray for Jack's appetite to return and his count to be up this week. I've missed seeing you at church.
Love you!
Gwen

Popular Posts