Catching Up

Sunday afternoon. The sun came out today. Lovely. We had a great morning at church, we missed our normal preacher Phil as he is on his way home from Uganda today. I guess he will be home sometime tomorrow night in Abilene. We had a great fill in with Rick Atchley who used to be the pulpit minister at Southern Hills many, many years ago. He doesn't know me from Adam, but I have attended several lectures and been blessed to hear him in the pulpit numerous times. It was his lecture on Healing at the ACU lectures that came about a year before Jack's brain tumor was diagnosed. I love how God prepares us for the roads that we will travel with Him long before we think we will ever need it.

When I first moved to Abilene in my early mid twenties I was working at Southern Hills as the secretary. Being new to Texas it took me many months to understand the Texas drawl. Face to face I could normally figure out what people were saying but over the telephone it was like they were speaking another language. Rick had moved on to the North Richland Hills Church in the Ft. Worth area, he called to talk with one of the ministers a week or two into my move to Texas and my working at the church. Everyone knew who Rick was, except me, and not only did I not know who he was, I could not understand his name when he gave it to me. I still am mortified to remember the conversation, I think I asked him to repeat his name atleast 3 times, then I just gave up and beeped the call into Robert, and gave him some semblance of the name I could understand which ended up being completely wrong. Now that I have been here for 17 years, WOW, 17 years, I can say aiced tay (iced tea) with the best of them.

Nothing major happening here with the family. All is well. The kids had their valentine parties last week at school and they had fun. Sophie was in Sing Song in the Children's Act up at ACU for her 4th year this weekend. She always loves the experience. And she is as cute as a button up on the stage.

So excited, tonight is the first night of the Psalms of the Assent, Ladies Bible Study at church, can't wait!

This upcoming weekend The Coffee Group is traveling to Birmingham, Alabama to speak at their Ladies Day. We are SO excited, to see Birmingham. We are so blessed to be able to travel and share the grace of Jesus.

The following weekend is our Ladies Retreat at Southern Hills and I am speaking in one of the 4 slots. I am very excited about that, but I have to say a bit more intimidated to speak in front of people who I know so well, and who know me. God is in control and I will rest in that.

Sophie is now the proud owner of her first cell phone. Her grandpa gave her a gift certificate to Walmart for her birthday, so she bought a tracphone and minutes. She is so excited, and her brothers are trying not to covet, but mainly trying to figure out how they can earn $12.88 to buy their own.

Glad to have a moment to post. I hope that this finds each of you are blessed this week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Tammy,
It is so good hearing from you... I am glad all is well. I wish more than anything I could have been at Southern Hills this morning and seen your smiling face and hugged you till the cows come home! I also wish I could be part of the new beth moore study and attend the Ladies Retreat this year and hear you speak. *sigh* I miss it all. I'm lonely and homesick, neither of which are emotions I am familiar with. So I keep reading your blog. Thanks for that!
Love you,
AJ
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear such a good report on you and your family, Tammy. Hope and pray you will all continue to do well.

Much love,

Dee

Popular Posts