A New Studio

Happy Friday!!!
I woke up early today, the alarm clock that God sets. At about 5:30am I was laying in bed knowing that I was awake and was definately not going back to sleep. So I have been on the go for about 4 hours now. I love just waking up without the sound of an alarm clock. Got up checked email, took care of some business, then opened my bible. God is really calling me to stop turning on my computer before I have my time with Him, first fruits of my precious morning moments. I failed at that today. I will do better tomorrow. I am working on my "talk" as our speaking group calls it, for our trip to Alabama in a couple of weeks. So I have been in scripture alot, looking for a fresh word from God for this group of women. He is so very faithful and is leading me to that end, but first I can just hear Him calling me to rest in His word. So I am resting and meditating and seeking His wisdom and revelation.
------------

I said at the beginning of this week that I had some exciting news about my business. I thought I would have some pictures to upload but my week has not allowed that, so pictures will come soon. I signed a lease to move into my own studio space. I am so excited for so many reasons. First and foremost I will have regular working hours, and then come home. I know that many women who work from home struggle with the same issues I struggle with, there is always work to be done when you own your own business, and there is always laundry to be done and dishes to be put away when you are a mom. Having both of those worlds be around me at one time has always caused me to feel like I am not able to focus on either completely. So I will be able to have a cut off time for work, and then go home and be 100% mom and wife, and not feel like I have to rush back to the computer once dinner is fixed. So excited about that for my family and for me. Then the next best part is that I can meet with my clients in my own space and not in a coffee shop. My images will be on the walls, my books will be already set out on permanent display, no more have samples will travel.
The conference I went to a couple of weeks gave me the push I needed to move this into the next level for me. I learned from watching this young photographer, he is in his early 30's, who has developed an incredible business, by believing in himself and not selling himself short.
I am blessed to do what I love.
-------------

And I would be remiss in this post if I didn't say....I am turning 40 on Sunday ; )
I told someone this week I have been counting it down for 2 years, the first year I was totally freaked out, but the 2nd I became comfortable in those shoes and even excited about it. It works to plan ahead.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tammy...Congratulations!!!

Congratulations on moving into your own studio...you'll be blessed and so will your clients.

And...Congratulations on your 40th Birthday!!

Love ya...

Jan & Tom
http://360.yahoo.com/mi_jan_tom
Linda said…
Happy 40th Birthday!! Also, congratulations on your big business news. That is super. You are so talented and having a separate workspace should help even more. Good luck with it all. Have a blessed weekend of celebration. Linda L.
Amy said…
Congrats! I ABSOLUTELY believe in you! You are awesome at what you do and I am so happy for you. Can't wait to schedule our 2nd annual family pictures by Tammy! And this time, we'll get to come to your studio!

Happy 40th birthday!
Michelle said…
How completely exciting!! Congratulations! Maybe if we get to where you are ever we'll have lunch and you can show me around!

Popular Posts