The Slideshow

Here is the link to the slideshow of my totally 80's Birthday Party. A fun time was had by all, especially the kids. I loved taking pictures at my own party. I bought a new camera this week the Canon 5D, and it is so totally sweet. I am shooting every day to get used to it. There isn't alot more to learn, but it can do so much more than any of my previous cameras, and I am still trying to shoot manual every day to have that become 2nd nature. Not easy, but worth all the effort.
I perused itunes for an hour to come up with the perfect slideshow song, trying to find a clean song is not especially easy, atleast when it comes to the songs I used to listen to in the 80's ;0 Low and behold it was Madonna that came through for me! Perfect song as I was asking every one to strike a pose for me during the night so I could take their pics. Another thing I learned, that I didn't know back in the 80's, one does not need to drink Absolut to have a fun time dancing!! it was great fun to dance without any libation at all. Family and friends made it a perfect night.
There were SO many people I wanted to invite to the party, but I had to keep the count down as the fire code restricted the place to 72 people. One person commented that my family alone takes up about 35 of that. I really wanted it to be family fun so I was only able to invite a handful of friends along with their kids and spouses. Maybe when I am 50 I will rent a larger space and we will do it all over again.
If you wish to see the fun costumes and sweet kids dancing their hearts out then click here.

Comments

Melissa said…
Happy Birthday! I love how everyone got so into the moment - they really captured the 80's. What a fun way to celebrate! You are so blessed.
Jessica said…
The party looks like fun! I'm so glad some of those styles are not coming back in! Glad you had an awesome birthday!
AbbieCRAZY said…
What a super party!! I was thinking that if there had been a little bit of libation maybe there would have been some more folks dancing!
Roxanne said…
See. . .when you said Madonna I the first thing I thought of was "Holiday." Looks like SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!
Unknown said…
I completely vogued all during the slideshow. I so wanted to be there, but was oh so not well. Totally NOT cool! I'm glad you had a happy birthday, my friend!

Popular Posts