Today I Know God Has Healed Jack

Jack and I are home. We had a long day waiting in the clinic offices. Jack's main oncologist was covering a couple of different areas so he was several hours late for Jack's appt. I was fine with that, although by the 100th sigh from Jack, I could tell he wasn't. At one point they let us go grab a snack as we hadn't eaten breakfast before the appt. Jack saw 3 doctors and 1 nurse today. Everyone was busting at the seams to tell us how good Jack's MRI looked. They were thrilled. One of the doctors, the neurosurgeon, said that the results were "exceptional," something that they could have only hoped for.
We got to see the scan from yesterday compared with one from 3 months ago and the results were exceptional. There is still a small amount of highlighted area, but compared to 3 months ago it has decreased by about 3 times. I am assuming that the radiologist would still consider what is left as necrosis (dead cells from the radiation). The hyperbaric treatments were a smashing success, as that is one reason that the healing was so substantial. Of course the real praise goes to God. I have learned in the last 3 years, "In all things praise God." I hope that my faith has grown to do just that in all circumstances...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your prayers. God has heard Jack's name hundreds of times this week, and thousands over the last 3 years. I looked at Dr. Bower's today and said that we were nearing the end of this journey and with humility and joy he looked right into my eyes and just shook his head up and down. I am sure it is against the doctor rule to be too hopeful, or lead someone down a path of victory, too early. But today I know that God has healed Jack and for that I am truly grateful.

Comments

Sarah said…
Humbled by how amazed I am at God's goodness and grace. Thank you for letting me peek over your shoulder through the journey to see His glory.
Anonymous said…
Wow!!! God is good. Safe travelling and see you this weekend at the retreat. Jana Hanner
Linda said…
Like Sarah said, I also have peeked over your shoulder, from afar....but we have all learned lessons from your family. Thanks for letting us see "faith" in action. Praising God for his healing of your precious Jack. Linda L.
Unknown said…
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
Anonymous said…
I know your heart is very full! What a long road your family has
been on. I echo Sarah's comment about being able to peek over your shoulder.

Do well this weekend. Speak from the heart of a Mom who is overflowing with joy!

Praise God for all the answered prayers!

karene
Anne said…
Praise God!
Anonymous said…
This is exactly what we've all been praying for. PTL!!! Love you guys. I'm going to let all of our friends who have been praying know...I'm going to post your POST on our blog.

Jan & Tom
Anonymous said…
What an awesome God we have! Thanks for keeping us informed - we love you guys.

Darla
GlennsinTX said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
GlennsinTX said…
God is so very good...and we are so very thankful. For His healing, for His grace, for His mercy. We love you all!
Becky K said…
What an Awesome God we have. All praise to Him.
Unknown said…
Love, love, LOVE that God is SO good ALL the time! Blessings on all my Marcelain family. God so made you as you are so He could use you as He planned...And what a journey so many thousands of others have been on through you! Thanks for sharing your hearts!
Cheri w/ a "C" said…
Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I am so excited to share your good news with my kids! They pray for Jack continually!
Anonymous said…
Tammy, that is the most awesome news! I'll bet you and Jack felt like you could have flown back to Abilene with wings of newly found hope and gratitude.
Giving all thanks and praise to our Everlasting Father.

Sharon Winkler
Anna said…
That gave me chills I was so happy to hear that. God is SO good. =)
Michelle said…
Wow....this is truly awesome!
Anonymous said…
I knew this day would come! God is so faithful. We are so thrilled! Howard & Jacki
Anonymous said…
Praise God! We are SO thrilled for all of you. Thank you for allowing all of us to travel a little bit with you on this journey as we have learned so much and grown in our faith because of your sharing.
Jessica said…
Praise God!
Cindy said…
Tammy, Praise God, what wonderful news. Our prayers will continue.
In HIS love, Cindy
Lindi said…
My heart is smiling and I have tears of joy.
Susan said…
PRAISE GOD!!

What awesome news! So excited for you all~
Dixie McLeod said…
What an absolutely INCREDIBLE God!

PRAISE HIM and were we to be silent the rocks would cry out!

love y'all

McLeods in Beaumont

Popular Posts