Monkey, Pug and Me Made it to Orange County.


I have made the treck to California. As I was on an aisle seat, which is a blessing in many ways, I have no idea what Orange County looks like from the sky, but I am sure there are many more lights that go on for miles than home. The trip was long. I do believe that 9/11 took all the fun out of traveling by plane. It is such an ardeous (have no idea how to spell that, help me Sarah), task that one feels like they have climbed through many hoops, taken off your shoes, emptied your purse, pulled out your laptop, before you even enter the waiting zone. But nonetheless that is traveling. The flight was blecky to the max from Abilene to Dallas, more stomach churning than usual. The flight from Dallas to Orange County was much easier, although my camera bag was to thick to fit in the overhead bin, or under the seat in front of me, I was sweating in close quarters trying to find where i had put the key to open the lock I had put on it, after 10 minutes, I found it, emptied a couple of books i had laid on my camera equipment and all was right with the world again. The bag fit and even though at the time everyone on the plane, including myself, thought I was holding things up, there was a lady a couple of rows behind me who had a broken seat or missing cushion and we waited for another 20 minutes for that to be settled. I was never so glad for a "mechanical issue" as I was tonight.
Anyway, here I am in my lovely hotel room. All my bags unpacked and I am ready to find sleep.
Here is a pic of Monkey from the Dallas airport tonight. Right before I left today Jack ran to get me one more thing, he gave me his favorite story book to read on my trip, "I Love You Stinky Face," so that will show up in some pictures this week I am sure. I have the sweetest family.

Comments

Eric said…
Reading your post makes me sad as it reminds me of a special birthday coming on Wednesday for one I had not seen for many years before her time here with us had expired
Uncle Eric
P.S. Sending our best wishes to all.
Jessica said…
I'm so jealous! I'm glad you are taking the time to do this for yourself! I hope you learn a lot and have a great time!
AbbieCRAZY said…
You're gone for how long?! I guess I was thinking it was a weekend thing.

Have fun. Learn cool stuff. Get a tan. Eat sushi.
Sarah said…
I'm with Denise -- I didn't realize you would be gone SO long! But I'm getting a clearer picture of Denise's days as a student -- I don't think a TAN is the point here, Denise!!

arduous -- and please know that I had to google. Give yourself 10 extra credit points for even using the word!

So glad Jack is feeling better so that you can be at peace and focus on being an even MORE awesome photographer -- I don't know if I'll be able to stand it if you're any better!!!
Unknown said…
So glad you've made it to my part of the world - safe and sound. Hope you have a great time and learn TONS!
... Maybe I'll let you take my picture someday... ;)

Popular Posts