The Night Shoot in the Rain









Day 4 about to start. The final day. Yesterday was my favorite lecture day, marketing and web info. I learned so much. The strength of Mike Colón (pronounced cologne) is that he is a marketing extraordinaire. He has built a name for himself industry wide in record time. He has so much good information to share. Day 3 was the day I was looking forward to most.
The shoot yesterday was a night shoot. The weather has rained off and on all week and for the most part we lucked out for good weather, or atleast tolerable, but last night the weather was cold and rainy. The plans were changed from the original location in Laguna Beach to a parking garage by some cool buildings. It was freezing cold!

Today will be another good lecture day that I have great expectations for. It has been an amazing week and I have learned so much, but the best part beside the learning is the fellowship of new friends I have made. Fellow photogs who have the same passions. The experience level is all over the chart, some very new, some more experienced. What a blessing.

So here are some shots from last night. One thing that has been different for me, and the others also I am sure, is that we are all shooting at the same time, it is just like paparazzi, so the ability to move around and frame the image is practically non-existent in these circumstances. I just have to do the best from where I am. That is not a big deal and I am learning alot, but sometimes it is frustrating because I can't get where I want to get because there is someone there, ahhhh... patience.

-----------------

Please keep Jack in your prayers, it turns out his prescription on his new steroid dosage was wrong. Bummer. Jack has been sick every morning and Elaine and Rob are taking work off and rotating to be with Jack. Jack got a new prescription and will start on that today, so we are looking for him to be feeling better soon. As this has been going on since before Christmas we will be so happy when he wakes up feeling good again. Please pray for him.

Comments

AbbieCRAZY said…
My co-worker is CONVINCED these are models! Tell us the truth - models or real people?
Tammy M. said…
The couple with the blond girl and her boyfriend are not models, she works for Mike. The couple with the asian girl are models. Those are the first paid models we have shot this week. All the others were regular people.
Marie Moyers said…
I took Mikes class last august. Rosanna is a great girl. She is Mikes right hand woman. There is photos of Rosanna on my website from our class, Laguna beach, NewPort Beach and Balboa.She is soo professional you would think she was a model of High fashion.!!
Tammy, I know what you are saying about there being so many other photographers there at the same time. The best thing it did for me was taught me to NOT try to get the same photo as the rest of them were getting but instead I was forced to take it from another angle that I normally would not have thought of. And I found that I got some great shots that have become my favorite.
I know that I learned so much, and I know that you are too. I am happy for you. This will change the way you shoot forever.
Remember, teach others what you have learned and pass on the blessings.
You go girl. :0
Anonymous said…
Glad you're having such a good week, Tammy. The shots you've shared are great!

Praying for Jack.

Much love,

Dee

Popular Posts