Saturday Morning from Tammy -

I am excited to say, that the plan from Thursday to wait till next week for Jack to eat was moved up. Jack went into speech therapy yesterday and came out with an empty bowl of chocolate pudding and a huge smile on his face. Apparently there was no more delay in his swallow reflex and the therapist felt it was safe for him to eat. He was so excited and I was too! The new plan is for Monday to go to the hospital for the swallow study and then by Tuesday Jack could be eating real food at will. It will take about 3 or 4 days in my estimation to get his nutrition intake all from food, and for his tube to come out, then we are home bound. Everyday he surprises the therapists with his progress!!! Thank you God. Love to you all.
Tammy

5/21/2005 7:06 AM

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks again Tammy for relaying the wonderful works God is doing. I am so thankful for answers to prayers! Brittany and Ashley have been praying specifically for Jack to be able to come home soon and it sounds like his return home could be so much sooner than expected. Your example through all of this has been such a lesson for all of us.
Anonymous said…
Tammy and Jack,
I got home from Mayo just this evening and checked the blog. I haven't been able to check it since I left home a little over a week ago, and was anxious to read the news. I'm overjoyed to hear what great progress you've made this week, Jack. Congratulations to you for all your hard work. And I know that you and your family are thankful that God has been giving you the ability to get better and better. I'm glad that I'm home now so I can keep up with your latest progress. Love to all, Gay Barton
Anonymous said…
I cannot think of a better way to get back into the swing of eating than a big 'ole bowl of chocolate pudding!!! Way to go Jack!!!
Anonymous said…
What wonderful news! We are so excited for you Jack! A big party when you get home sounds great. We will continue to pray for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us posted.
We love all of you.

Darla & Sam Wohlers
Will & Shelby
Anonymous said…
Jack: I already KNEW Chocolate was the 8th incredible food group--this PROVES it!! way to go!! Be sure and share some with your mom too. I am thinking she could use some!!

hugs,

your southeast texas family--Tom & Dixie

Popular Posts