Thursday afternoon. . .

Tammy Says-
Three therapies today. Speech/swallowing, occupational therapy, physical therapy.
Jack swallowed when he had to in speech therapy, he got a cherry sucker, which helps him want to swallow , then she works with all that goes on, moving the sucker from side to side in his mouth with his tongue, swallowing, ....
He did good for his first day. The therapist was great.
The ot and pt were good for Jack also. He drags his feet a little (sometimes literally, mostly just figuratively), but today he crawled through a tunnel, played ball, walked stairs, 2 flights, walked in a courtyard and navigated a obstacle couse of objects stepping over them.
He seems to get a little frustrated but as the day and therapies went on he seemed to fair a little better. Not as emotional.
I had a great visit from Connie Womble and Jenny Oglesby today, and Frosty and Daryl Sumner stopped by today. It was a great day to see faces of friends.
The nurse that tended to Jack today, her name is Donna, was giving Jack his meds this morning and asked where we were from, I told her Abilene, and she put all the connections together, she has a friend in common with us and has been praying for Jack. What a blessing to have someone who has lifted my son up to the Father, giving him his care today. She was a true blessing.
Hope ya'll have a great night.
We hope to also.
Love, Tammy and Jack

5/12/2005 4:45 PM

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like Jack had a very busy day! It's wonderful news to hear of his accomplishments.

I saw Sophie at the zoo today with Mrs. Powell's class. She was having a great time.

I was wondering if there would be a computer available to you for posting updates for us. Guess there is! It's so uplifting to hear what is going on from "the direct source" instead of 2nd or 3rd hand. Thank you so much for taking the time to fill us in.

We will all continue to pray for Jack, you and all your family. We will also praise God for the progress that has been made.
Anonymous said…
Wow! Tammy that is amazing about nurse Donna. Sounds like God has sent an angel. We continue lifting you all up in our prayers. We love you guys.
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
I just want you to know my heart goes out to you every day!! Every mother (and Dad) feel what you guys are going through, we just love our little people soooo much and never want to see them hurt. I check this awesome blog each day to see how Jack is doing. Jonathan and I (and our girls) keep on praying for you! God Bless You and your family.
Cindy Stewart
Robyn said…
Way to go Jack! Keep working hard! We hope you are hanging in there Tammy! Still praying for you!

Robyn
Anonymous said…
It sounds like Jack is doing great! We're so proud of him for all of his hard work, I know at times it must be so difficult. But know that we pray and think of you guys all the time.
We love and miss you.
Julie & Dave
And the Chicago Family!
Anonymous said…
Tammy says -
Jack said "mom" today!!!!
He was waking up so he wasn't really thinking about it when he said it. Just said mom real loud. The speech therapist says that the most common words he knows will be what he can say first, and when he is not thinking about how to talk, they might just slip out.
I got a great quote from the chaplin here. I have so much admiration for Mother Teresa, and always have enjoyed reading her words, and about her actions. I have continually been thankful for the blessings in this situation, but there is a part of me that is a little miffed with this situation also, God can do anything, so why is this being allowed to happen to Jack? I go back and forth in my prayers with thankfullness and then lament.
But this quote has calmed my spirit a little...

Some people came to Calcutta, and before leaving, they begged me: "Tell us something that will help us to live our lives better." And I said: "Smile at each other; smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other - it doesn't matter who it is- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.: And then one of them asked me: "Are you married?" and I said; "Yes, and I find it difficult sometimes to smile at Jesus." And it is true, Jesus can be very demanding also, and it is at those times when he is so demanding that to give him a big smile is very beautiful.
From A Gift for God by Mother Teresa.
These times are hard for me to smile, but when I am thankful to God for the good and that the bad isn't worse, I feel a blessing in my heart from Him.
Have a good weekend.
Tammy
Anonymous said…
Tammy,
We're still thinking of you and praying for you every day.
Jack, keep up the good work! We can't wait to have the whole family back to Abilene.
Love,
Robin, Guy and Kati

Popular Posts