Wednesday Afternoon

Tammy says -
Thanks for all your enteries in the blog. They continue to give me encouragement and a burst of energy whenever I read your posts.
I have just come from Jack's care conference and Dr. McDonald, (Dr. Mack as he is known around here) is very encouraged and feels great about Jack's recovery. He again said that Jack is leaps and bounds (thank you Father) ahead of where most are at this point. Normally we would be here for atleast 6 weeks, and he didn't change the paperwork to make that a shorter time as of yet, but that he feels that it wont be that long. He said that their are 2 things that need to be taken care of before we can go home, safety - making sure Jack can walk strongly so he doesn't have any falls, he is just about there already and secondly that he can take in his own nutrition, and swallow properly. The speech is going to come within all that I think, but it is not a reason for us to stay here any extra time, we can do outpatient therapy in Abilene for continued help in that area. So praise God, I think unofficially he was expecting about 4 weeks longer here, but we could change that at anytime that Jack would master above mentioned. Thanks for your prayers because they are working! God has given us a recovery full of miracles.
Tammy

5/18/2005 12:29 PM

Comments

Sarah said…
Sorry for the delay in getting your posts moved -- Troy and I went to Temple for the day for a funeral.

It is so wonderful to hear how far along Jack is and how your time there may be abbreviated! Thank you for telling us what we need to pray for!

I can't wait to see you!
Anonymous said…
JACK'S BACK!!!!
Jack is talking, Jack is swallowing, Jack is happy and smiling!
His therapy went great, he was swallowing saliva on his own. I was so excited we called daddy to tell him, and Jack started talking to Daddy on the phone!
Then we called Mommer (grandma) and when Elaine answered the phone Jack said, "Hi Mommmer this is Jack!" Jack just told me he has to go to the bathroom so we have to log off!!! talk again soon to you, I am talking to my sweet boy now.
Tammy
Anonymous said…
Hi Tammy and Jack
I am so happy to hear how well Jack is doing. It wont be to long and you will be back in abilene.
Cant wait to see all of you
Brandi at Dr. Garcia's
Tell Jack I said Hello and that all of us here are praying for him
Anonymous said…
Tammy and Jack,

So wonderful to hear the tremendous progress. Sounds like Jack is picking up momentum and you guys will be heading toward Abilene sooner than later. I know you both look forward to being in the comforts of your home. DJ was all smiles at the award ceremony Monday night at he crossed stage to recieve his tshirt. Sophie was also wearing her smile as she gleefully bounced from Rob to Elaine to Tom. Can't wait until you guys are all together and it sounds like that will happen soon. We pray that Jack will master his biggest two obstacles quickly and that you will continue to sustain the strength that you need to help him through each day. Looking forward to seeing your sweet smiles, The Hensons
Anonymous said…
Dear Tammy & Jack,
I was so excited to tell Dave the news, that I almost fell down our apartment stairs rushing out to tell him. If I do that again, Jack can push ME in the wheelchair. Jack you are doing great! No doubt about it, you are so special! I bet you had fun calling everyone and surprising them by talking on the phone. I can just see your blue eyes shining as you spoke! Way to go! I am proud of you for working on your therapy even when it hurts. You are very brave! We love you both so much and celebrate with you! GO, JACK, GO!
Love & Hugs from us all,
Dave, Karise, Keely & Kinlie
Anonymous said…
Praise God for the wonderful news! Tammy, I know you must be all smiles hearing Jack talk and to see him making huge steps toward recovery. I'm sure everyone at church tonight will be in wonderful spirits hearing of the good news from you today. Please tell Jack that his friend Ashley and her sister Brittany continue to pray for him daily - on the way to school, during the moment of silence at school and in their prayers at mealtimes and bedtime.
Anonymous said…
Good Morning Tammy and Jack,
It is a beautiful day today and I started my day with a prayer for you. My prayer today was this is the day that it all comes together...a miracle as I see it. The swallowing, the talking, the walking and all of it. Praise the Lord this is happening. I did not see the last entry of yours Tammy until after I got to work. Wow I thought. Thank you precious Jesus.
Prayers being lifted up n Abilene,
Terri Aldriedge
Anonymous said…
I am jumping for joy that Jack is back...talking, swallowing and smiling. I was so happy to hear that Jack is progressing so far ahead of the doctors expectations. We all know that is due to our Lord, who is sooo good and faithful to hear and answer our prayers. Tammy, I'm praying that you and sweet little Jack will be home soon.
Love,
Pricilla Browder

Popular Posts